FE771SB vs FE791SB vs FE991SB vs FP912SB

feckn_eejit

Weaksauce
Hiya all,

I just scored a FP912SB for my main rig. It's friggin gorgeous. Now I'm jonesing for a new monitor for my secondary rig. I have a customer's FE771SB on my desk temporarily. The FE771SB looks blurry next to the FP912SB, also, the FP seems to have better contrast.

I don't really need a 19" for my secondary monitor. Has anybody had any experience comparing the FE771SB and FE791SB? I'm presuming they use the same tube... they do have the same stripe pitch...

As for the FE991SB and FP912SB, do they use the same tube? I've been running my FP912SB at 1280x1024@85hz - certainly within the specs of the FE991SB (I just like overkill!). I could certainly save a few bucks getting a FE991SB as my secondary monitor rather than ponying up for another FP... what's the diff?

Other option - wait a couple months and blow the big bucks on a FP2141SB to use as my main monitor and relegate the FP912SB to backup... presuming the FP2141SB will still be available in a few months!

Any thoughts? Thanks very much!

--jeff

I own both a FE2111 and FE991 and they are both good screens. Im not for sure if the FP models are that much better than the FE models but I was thinking all they added was higher refresh rates. As for the 17" models I say just get a 19" instead. You get a lot more screen for not much more money. Even if its for a secondary display I would never go below 19" anymore. Stick with the NEC screens and at at least a 19" size and you wont have any problems.

Back