Fedex extra charges for Canadian XFX customers ;-(

amd7674

[H]ard|Gawd
After receiving my replacement under RMA about six weeks ago, I got a week ago a letter from Fedex to pay $28.55 ($8.60 GST) and ($19.95 brokerage fees), which I think it is total BS. Yesterday I've got another 'friendly reminder' letter. So I did call fedex and fedex agent said that XFX should be putting 'Defective Replacement under Warranty" on their paperwork instead of "Defective Replacement" when they sent video cards back to Canadian customers to save paying GST. However Canadians would still have to pay brokerage fees. So what is the advantage for a Canadian Customer getting a 'Lifetime Warranty" from XFX when at the end we have to pay for shipping costs ~$30 and another ~$30 for Fedex to get our card serviced. Lesson learned for my next video card purchase. :mad:

I heard the same complaints about EVGA from people living in Canada. Unsure if they resolved it either.
Still look at it on the bright side and if you went with a company that offered less of a warranty you would be out >60$.
Maybe I'm biased, with mostly ATI purchases, but with all the recent complaints about warrany exchanges for older model cards (they gave me a 8600GT instead of a 7800GT), Step up programs ripped me off, and the like you can't help but feel nvidia customers have been spoiled by these programs.
With ATI your lucky to get a lifetime warranty (only one vendor has it and that becomes void if you remove the heatsink or overclock the card), some vendors charge for RMA service and shipping (Sapphire), and if you need support/rma good luck with most of them.
Don't get me wrong if these vendors market the products as such, they should honor them. I'm just concerned with these "features" dissapearing due to all the complaints and I highly doubt any ATI vendor picking these up if they look at these boards.

Brokerage fees are one of the reasons you have to be careful when shipping from US->CAN via courier, generally only the more expensive shipping methods will include brokerage fees, otherwise you will have to pay them.

Unless you need it fast, USPS is generally preferred as you don't have to pay a separate brokerage fee.

Brokerage fees are one of the reasons you have to be careful when shipping from US->CAN via courier, generally only the more expensive shipping methods will include brokerage fees, otherwise you will have to pay them.

Unless you need it fast, USPS is generally preferred as you don't have to pay a separate brokerage fee.

Unfortunately as far as I know XFX uses only Fedex to ship to Canada :rolleyes:

Just a question on the side, is there any nvidia manufacturer with hq in Canada?, so Canadians do not have to ship their product under RMA to US.

Thanks

Unfortunately as far as I know XFX uses only Fedex to ship to Canada :rolleyes:

Just a question on the side, is there any nvidia manufacturer with hq in Canada?, so Canadians do not have to ship their product under RMA to US.

Thanks

As far as I remember there is no nvidia AIB based in Canada but I did just read another thread where the OP found out that BFG does shipping to Canada without any of the hassle. Might wanna check BFG out for this.

Back