FF7 Crisis Core [PSP] Discussion

Okay, a little update. I'm about 10 hours into the game but it's mainly because I've been doing A LOT of side missions and little main story, and all I can say it's really addicting. The combat mechanics may seems simple and "button mashy" but when you get to Very Hard missions you have to make quick decisions and out maneuver your enemies. The materia system is pretty fun, even though it's not nearly as deep as it is in FF7, it's still very flexible and materia fusion adds a nice little touch. From the story I've done so far you can tell this game had extraordinary production values and the story really pushes you and keeps you wanting to find out what's coming next, and I might add it's really well paced. So far I'm really pleased with the game and I can easily say that even if you haven't played FF7 before or not that big of an RPG fan, you will still most likely enjoy this game. If you have played FF7 and loved it.... what are you waiting for? Get this game NOW. Brings back a lot of nostalgia. :p

Just got the game and currently a couple hours in. Love it.

Yet again more insane levels of production and polish from Square Enix. This is definitely the month for PSP.

that's friggin sucks.. :( all i can say, but i still play the game for the sake of the FF7 story...
You were misinformed - you do get another sword later in the game. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which one it'll be, either. Warning, though: it is only _cosmetically_ different.

If you haven't played the entire game, do us all a favor and stop talking trash about it? (Not directed towards you, beta, but the person who misinformed you.)

You were misinformed - you do get another sword later in the game. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which one it'll be, either. Warning, though: it is only _cosmetically_ different.

If you haven't played the entire game, do us all a favor and stop talking trash about it? (Not directed towards you, beta, but the person who misinformed you.)

hey jerk you just ruined a plot point :mad:

Sorry, but anyone who's played FF7 knows what's coming. Or are we going to start keeping the plot of FF7 secret, too?

ye rule of the land is nothing must remain a secret but hence spoiler tags must surround it!

ye rule of the land is nothing must remain a secret but hence spoiler tags must surround it!
Spoiler tags are for _new_ games. The "spoiler" I revealed was something for FF7 that applied to Crisis Core, too. FF7 is like ten years old. And it didn't give away any major plot points, because I basically didn't do anything but correct the _wrong spoiler_ someone else gave. I don't see why I need to be called a jerk for this.

I'll use spoiler tags more generously in the future.

Spoiler tags are for _new_ games. The "spoiler" I revealed was something for FF7 that applied to Crisis Core, too. FF7 is like ten years old. And it didn't give away any major plot points, because I basically didn't do anything but correct the _wrong spoiler_ someone else gave. I don't see why I need to be called a jerk for this.

I'll use spoiler tags more generously in the future.

ff7 is 10 years old, crisis core came out 6 days ago lol, i didnt call you a jerk I just wanted to come into the game fresh, I have it just havent played it yet and now I feel robbed of my 'oh sweet' moment when the specified point happens.

What is the runtime? How many hours will it take to complete this game? Wanted to know since I am already 3-4 hrs in on normal mode.

What is the runtime? How many hours will it take to complete this game? Wanted to know since I am already 3-4 hrs in on normal mode.
I think I had 21 hours when I was done, and I did about 75% of the side missions.

i figured that out after requiring the sword in the game... :( good thing they changed that fugly starter sword lol..

Thanks anyways..

i finished the game and replaying it now with my level ups and items. i think if you just play straight through u can beat the game in like 6-10 hrs. i finished it in 15hrs.

game wasnt bad, just wished there was more to do, and it sucks u cant skip cut scenes when you die during a match. gotta rewatch like 5min worth of cut scenes.

like others i didnt understand how dmv worked at first and thought killing more enemies would make me level up, but it was just a luck of how the dmv slot machine rolls a lucky 7.

this game should take a whole lot longer than 15 hrs... especially if you're going for near 100% completion... i can imagine spending 30-40 hrs on it in order to max out stats...

this game should take a whole lot longer than 15 hrs... especially if you're going for near 100% completion... i can imagine spending 30-40 hrs on it in order to max out stats...

I finished the main story in about 16 hours. I started out doing all of the side missions as soon as they became available until they became too difficult. I think when I finished the game I had about 35% of the side missions complete. I would have done more but I stopped doing them because I was mostly getting repeat items and the main story became way too easy way too quickly. I wish my first time through the game would have been on hard.

yeah i think i finished at around 35% also and level 40 zack. the end boss were quite easy.

just finished the game at 12 hours level 33.

basic spoil free review.
Give the game a 7.5/10

Pros:
The game is fantastic looking like almost all Final Fantasy's are in their time.

Great storyline. Gives a very real feeling of working for Shinra as an employee with the email system and missions. Also providing the view of Sephiroth the hero instead of only a villain. Also gives him more humanistic characteristics making him less like the god he is in FF7. It does a great job as a prequel filling in missing information on Zack and how Cloud is well.......Cloud. Lastly the game connects on an emotional level that is on par with the original

Materia Fusion was cool.

Cons:
No weapon systems....seriously a final fantasy without a weapon system.

No freedom to explore and roam around and no world to do it in.

Unsatisfactory battle system. It lacked all the qualities of an action game like Run, Jump, dash and slide. The Fighting wasn't sooth enough to be an action game becuase in between each attack there is a slight pause that isn't needed. Spell casting worked alright but the attacking part could have and should have been much better like a god of war with materia.

Side note:
This would have made a great interactive movie I think I would have enjoyed that more since the best moments in the game were the movies.

I would like to see loveless somehow. Maybe they will make a game out of it (Loveless FF7).

I looked on youtube for all the cutsences and couldn't find it....Kind of surprising.

But damn the fight scene with Genesis, Sephiroth, and Angeal was bad ass.

12 hours for an RPG? Are you kidding me? Fuck that. I'm glad I didn't buy that.

yeah it is short but when the game is over you really don't feel short changed......at least I didn't. If they would have added more stuff it might have made the game feel unnecessarily blotted.

It's a Final Fantasy so I had it pre ordered. I don't know if I would really call it an RPG.....more like a HSCAARPG for Hack and Slash Cinematic Action Adventure Role Playing Game.

There's a limit as to how much you can put on those tiny UMD's! :)

The graphics are excellent as well as the music. There's a lot of voiceover also. And quite a few long cutscenes that take up the space. Try FFT War of the Lions for a longer game that's not half as pretty.

I'm 20 hrs in with 31% of the missions complete, Zack level 33, getting close to end of game I think. The missions are repetitive though, that's my only real gripe about the game.

I did 5 missions and couldn't do anymore......even though it did bring back great memories of my Phantasy Star Online days on the dreamcast.....

I'm sure completing all the missions and the extra's will pop the game over 40.....but a lot of that is more like work that fun.

For a 12 hour RPG it does an amazing job connecting you with Zack creating the best ending I have seen in recent memory and maybe of all time.

A very worthy prequel In my opinion. The ending blew my fucking mind. I absolutely LOVED the game from start to finish.

Back