Fifa 08 (Xbox360) strategy questions

RancidWAnnaRIot

EspantaPajaros
Hello,

So.. i need some serious tips on playing this game..

i think i'm very good at defense.. but my offensive skills SUCK...

i've only ever won 1 game, and i' ve lost 2... all the other games i've played (about 15) have all ended in draws.. i can stop the other team from attacking.. but i can't attack very well.. i need offensive tips!!!

what should i do about my teams mentality, and formations?? how do you guys pick your teams mentality and formation?

also, how do you use all the different set ups.. like offside traps, wing attacks.. etc??

I just got the game two days ago so can't help much as I haven't won a game yet. Just wanted to say Fifa08 is harder than Fifa07. Best tactic is to use the best team and pass the ball a lot.

I've just been playing around; the only way I can win on world class or Legendary is using Chelsea and play a 1 star team, and even that is very hard. I need to fool around with it first.

The game is a lot harder than 07. But at the same time, it's a lot more realistic. Less double figure games, more realistic speeds, passes, shots and saves.

I love it, even though thus far I suck.

I found that if you do not sprint near goal area, you are less likely being tackled by defenders and have a better chance to weave your way to a shot.

However, this is my experience thus far using "amateur" (suxxor) difficulty. Any harder difficulty I dare not to try yet lol.

Any one knows how to ask your defenders to close down on opponents? My defenders like to stand around and pick their noses when my side is being attacked....

I found that if you do not sprint near goal area, you are less likely being tackled by defenders and have a better chance to weave your way to a shot.

However, this is my experience thus far using "amateur" (suxxor) difficulty. Any harder difficulty I dare not to try yet lol.

Any one knows how to ask your defenders to close down on opponents? My defenders like to stand around and pick their noses when my side is being attacked....

Before you start the match, in the lineup screen there is a tab called man marking, in there you can set up to 4 of your guys to mark an opposing player, so most of the time you'll have 4 defenders, so just set them to mark the opposing forwards and wing players. It may or may not fix your problem. Also I would suggest you play on at least semi-pro or you'll never get better.

The biggest problem I have with the game is that I was playing as France against a half star Irish team on World Class, but they still played like they were a top EPL team, with perfect passing, spot on shots, perfect crosses, great ball handling so much that they always avoided my tackles, etc.

I only play winning eleven or proevo series but if it is realistic then you gotta keep possession and keep passing till you can slide through to a guy you see who has beaten/about to beat his defender on the radar. Watch for offsides. Run down the wing, cut hard in the opposite direction if defender is close to you and lob it in for a header. Run down the wing and just try to beat your guy and lob it in, you might end up with a corner also. You gotta just learn to use the radar quickly.

Also don't use turbo/sprint all the time. You will get the ball taken from you. Use the slow dribble if you have one when you have guys on you. Don't try fancy shit until you know how the guys on the team tend to play.

Best strategy for FIFA '08??... Take it back to the shop and get Pro Evo instead:p

OK, maybe that was a bit harsh, but it's an EA game, they deserves it:rolleyes:

But, just so I don't turn this into flamebate, if FIFA 08 is anything like real football (soccer for all you yanks;)) then it's all about opening up the opposition, playing it wide to pull opposition players out of position is a good tactic while finding space for your other players on the pitch. Works beautifully in Pro Evo 6 IMO.

Not played a FIFA game since '05 or maybe it was '06, cant remember lol. All I remember was it was impossible NOT to score from a free kick in that game:confused:

Best strategy for FIFA '08??... Take it back to the shop and get Pro Evo instead:p

OK, maybe that was a bit harsh, but it's an EA game, they deserves it:rolleyes:

But, just so I don't turn this into flamebate, if FIFA 08 is anything like real football (soccer for all you yanks;)) then it's all about opening up the opposition, playing it wide to pull opposition players out of position is a good tactic while finding space for your other players on the pitch. Works beautifully in Pro Evo 6 IMO.

Not played a FIFA game since '05 or maybe it was '06, cant remember lol. All I remember was it was impossible NOT to score from a free kick in that game:confused:

they say the game play of fifa 08.. is similar to pro evo now..

In my games agains the CPU, I'm 1 - 1 - 1 and have alot of the same problems as the OP (this is playing on amateur). The hardest thing for me to manage is "momentum". It takes practice to learn that you just can't stop on a dime (well most players). Using Chelsea as an example:

You can use Wright-Phillips' speed to break in on wing and center the ball into Drogba. Against weaker opposition, Drogba is just killer. On the other hand, when I came up agains Liverpool, Torres toched me for 3 goals...LOL! Man marking using John Terry probably would have helped me alot there :).

I've found that its ALOT easier when you just do a quick match and play against another local person. If anyone wants to play with another n00b, send me a PM and I'd be happy to fire up some games.

IMO that can only be a good thing, but unless they seriously mess up Pro Evo 7 then I'll be sticking to the Pro Evo Series for now:p

lol..

oh yea.. by the way.. why don't you go look up who was the person that decided to start calling football soccer... ;)

I only play winning eleven or proevo series but if it is realistic then you gotta keep possession and keep passing till you can slide through to a guy you see who has beaten/about to beat his defender on the radar. Watch for offsides. Run down the wing, cut hard in the opposite direction if defender is close to you and lob it in for a header. Run down the wing and just try to beat your guy and lob it in, you might end up with a corner also. You gotta just learn to use the radar quickly.

Also don't use turbo/sprint all the time. You will get the ball taken from you. Use the slow dribble if you have one when you have guys on you. Don't try fancy shit until you know how the guys on the team tend to play.

This guy knows what he is talking about.....I always use the attack the wing and lob it towards the goal for a header method.

Yea, that's what I do too. I just sprint up the side with Wright and center to Drogba. Or if I'm Barcalona I use Messi or Ronaldhino. But it's still very hard to score on World class.

Like another person said half star teams play like 5 star teams. It's almost impossible to take the ball from them.

Then maybe it is time to give it another chance. I've owned a few PES games and have the one before last installed on my PC right now. Didn't like the last PES as the game speed was too fast, tried the 360 demo. FIFA08 is the better game IMO. Haven't tried the new PES though so will download the PC demo soon and see.

I would, but I'm English...

I'm too busy drinking cups of tea to do stuff like that:(

Yea, but SOCCER is an English word too. It is an acronym for the first football association when rugby split from football way back.

Back