file recovery software? (actually Folder recovery)

venm11

2[H]4U
I accidentally deleted a folder structure via a network share and am trying to recover it. The problem is - besides the fact that windows has no way to do this - the recovery programs recover individual files and dump them all in one folder regardless of original path.

Any advice on this issue? I've tried reconstructing sub-directories and putting all the files back, but it's a terrible, error-prone way to go about it.

I haven't had to do this in quite a few years, but there is software out there that will scan an entire drive (this will take a lot of time as what I used was bit by bit discovery) but when it finished I was presented with several previous partitions and their associated directory structure. I can't, for the life of me, remember what the software was called though :( It was definitely the most friendly and intuitive recovery program I've ever used though. One thing, though, you needed another drive to copy the files/directories to so that you wouldn't be overwriting anything on the drive you were recovering from.

I would imagine they've made great strides since then, however, because it was definitely about 7 years ago.

I haven't had to do this in quite a few years, but there is software out there that will scan an entire drive (this will take a lot of time as what I used was bit by bit discovery) but when it finished I was presented with several previous partitions and their associated directory structure. I can't, for the life of me, remember what the software was called though :( It was definitely the most friendly and intuitive recovery program I've ever used though. One thing, though, you needed another drive to copy the files/directories to so that you wouldn't be overwriting anything on the drive you were recovering from.

I would imagine they've made great strides since then, however, because it was definitely about 7 years ago.

I had this problem once and a guy I knew came over with a CD with a self-booting version of Windows. I think it was something like "Active," but I'm going on memory here.

Good luck.

Back