File transfer over BT phones

Silent Assasin

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I have some photos on my phone that a friend would really like copies of, but I don't wanna pay the huge fees in transfers over the phone network. I've heard that you should be able to transfer files between phones if they both have bluetooth. Is this even true, or was the guy I talking to just a load of shit? Cuz I can't figure out how to do this at all. I can't get my phone into a state where I can transfer files. I can get everything to connect and talk to eachother, but they just don't do anything. I got it connected to my computer right now but I can't see files on the phone, or I at least don't know how to get to them. I'm not sure exactly what model my phone is but it's the new common LG camera flip phone that's put out by Verizon.

If I really need to, I can still just do a phone transfer but I'm a poor student that can bairly afford his cell bill anyways.

I'm not an expert on phones and iv never used yours, but i image there should be a "more" option when you scroll over the picture and from there something like "send to > bluetooth" then it should search for all the near by phones. If it asks for a password put anything you like just make sure you tell the other person what it is so he can accept the file.
Sorry if its a bit vague. :p

It depends on your carrier. I know that Cingular remotely locks the bluetooth function on their phones. Unlocking it requires you to pay $X.xx amount for file transfers. Alternatively, you could email the pictures from your phone to yourself, but it would be a picture message, which costs more than text messages.

Personally, I have a RAZR from T-Mobile (just like 20 million other people) and T-Mobile doesn't lock the phones functions. I transfer music and pics over bluetooth using Vista via a logitech bluetooth dongle (which I have my mouse/keyboard connected to as well).

Hope that helps out, well, at least explaining it. You'll have to figure out if your carrier locked the bluetooth function or not.

Hmmm.... On my old 3650 (haven't tried it with my new 6682) I was able to select pictures and send via bluetooth without Cingular having any knowledge of the transfer. I just had to sync up the devices and grab the send menu. Worked with both my comp and my g/f's phone.

Ya, it looks like I'm outa luck on this one. I can't find the option to send pix at all via bluetooth, so my guess is that Verizon locks it. I was kinda hoping that I would be able to see my phone as an external drive over bluetooth, but I guess I was wrong.

Back