Votes: 13 21.3%
  • FileShack

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Other

Votes: 25 41.0%

• Total voters
Syphon Filter said:
www.3dgamers.com

they are the way forward. No need to reg, bit torrent links to all their files.

Amen. I avoid Gayplanet like the plague unless absolutely necessary (wait time: 1 hr 15 mins, f*ck that, lol)

Fileplanet... I'm a paid member and it's the best subscription investment I've ever made. Exclusive betas, hella fast servers, no waiting in line, incredibly cheap.

CKMorpheus said:
Fileplanet... I'm a paid member and it's the best subscription investment I've ever made. Exclusive betas, hella fast servers, no waiting in line, incredibly cheap.
free is cheaper, thats my stance.

CKMorpheus said:
If you can't afford 7-8 dollars a month, get a job.

Regardless, why pay 7-8 bucks a month when you can d/l everything for free? I couldnt imagine paying to download a friggin patch or demo.

As much as BT is cool, my school blocks it.
I gotta get a sub to one of those pretty soon...

inotocracy said:
Regardless, why pay 7-8 bucks a month when you can d/l everything for free? I couldnt imagine paying to download a friggin patch or demo.

Because you get more than what 3dgamers offers, such as exclusive betas and demos, which alone makes it worth it.

CKMorpheus said:
Because you get more than what 3dgamers offers, such as exclusive betas and demos, which alone makes it worth it.

I dont recall any "exclusive" demo that any website offered that you couldnt get anywhere else. And I believe most betas are also offered on the developers websites as well. Name a few and I'll retract.

3dgamers has the worst popup and spyware loaders I have ever seen on a website.

I"ll pay $8 and get fully dedicated lines at Fileplanet, thank you very much.

HighwayAssassins said:
file front mudda fucka....hardly ever have a line, its free, and no cap at 100kb/s
QFT, longest I've ever waited was maybe 7 minutes.

IceWind said:
3dgamers has the worst popup and spyware loaders I have ever seen on a website.

I"ll pay $8 and get fully dedicated lines at Fileplanet, thank you very much.

how come i never get any pop-ups? the only "pop-ups" i ever get is the link to download the file.... and with 8 bucks a month u can play a mmrpg hehehehe but i rather download from 3dgamers for FREE thank you very much :)

inotocracy said:
I dont recall any "exclusive" demo that any website offered that you couldnt get anywhere else. And I believe most betas are also offered on the developers websites as well. Name a few and I'll retract.

Didnt they have that Tribes exclusive beta thing? You know that game that is probably going to make runner up for fantasy fps game of the year or something

3dgamers owns your face...if you get popups and spyware then try ditching internet disaster and hoppin over to mozilla.org for a brand new, totally awesome, totally free installer of mozilla firefox 1.0

inotocracy said:

I'll chime in...

Why do I pay the $7.00 at FileSshack? I run LANs, not 5 people lans but 70 to 200 people. I don't have time to mess waiting for patches, mods, and anything less than 100KB/s is unacceptable when you have an FTP server to fill up. It's easy to navigate, I get great download speeds off the Seattle server (300KB to 400KB), and they update often. That and they pretty much leave me alone.

If I didn't have the "hobby" I have, I most likely wouldn't pay to the speed and convience (so yes, I understand where you are coming from regarding patches). I tried fileplanet and gawd did I get bothered with constant emails and the like.

Oh, did anyone mention GamersHell? It's another good resource for downloads - all free, the bandwidth is good and they update daily with new stuff. If you don't feel like paying, check them out.

Peace,
Tim

I dont want to side track the thread but what is bit torrent? Why is it better? I have had no problems with regular downloading. Why is it so special?

I usually use Gamespot DLX. There's little bullshit to deal with other then the downlaod plug-in. No lines either.

Wrench said:
I dont want to side track the thread but what is bit torrent? Why is it better? I have had no problems with regular downloading. Why is it so special?

bit torrent is peer2peer file distro method. It works really well. Google will throw up all you need to know about it.

As for ausgamers, I have used that too from time to time, but generally 3dgamers has had everything I need. As for the whole popups thing...never had an issue.

Back