Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

Not quite free, still costs 200 gil per flight ;)

I ran too many dungeons sadly, now i'm stuck at lvl 29 doing 22nd lvl main story quests. Not doing any other quests though, saving all those for the DPS classes where it'll take longer to get into dungeons with.

Not quite free, still costs 200 gil per flight ;)

I ran too many dungeons sadly, now i'm stuck at lvl 29 doing 22nd lvl main story quests. Not doing any other quests though, saving all those for the DPS classes where it'll take longer to get into dungeons with.

thankfully that'll still net you a good amount of exp. a lot of us couldnt due our main quest while the duty finder was down so we had to play catch up. i did all of the story quest from like 22-30 ish and it was an insane amount of exp

Hmm, level 18 and I dont think I've hit on any of those yet.... though I only just unlocked the airships for free travel. (Yeah I'm slackin)

You got a ways to go. No big rush though, this game is really good at letting you go at your own pace and making a difference in your char with even short play times

Aye. Between work stuffs, I get around 2 hours of playtime in a day and each day I feel I've progressed a fair bit. First MMO I'm taking casually and enjoying it.

You got a ways to go. No big rush though, this game is really good at letting you go at your own pace and making a difference in your char with even short play times

Aye I've been going back and forth a lot it seems. I follow one thread of quests for a while and I hit a point where I'm not quite high enough to keep going so I go back to another old thread of quests from another spot that I'm more aligned with in level and do those.

Its been a learning experience. I havent been able to get into a dungeon yet at all to see if I'm still a competant healer. Maybe this weekend I'll have better luck. Kinda depressing me I havent found a group willing to show me the ropes yet.

Oh well... thats what I get for not being on Leviathan right? :(

Aye I've been going back and forth a lot it seems. I follow one thread of quests for a while and I hit a point where I'm not quite high enough to keep going so I go back to another old thread of quests from another spot that I'm more aligned with in level and do those.

Its been a learning experience. I havent been able to get into a dungeon yet at all to see if I'm still a competant healer. Maybe this weekend I'll have better luck. Kinda depressing me I havent found a group willing to show me the ropes yet.

Nothing wrong with Leviathan...you in our Linkshell/Company?

It's never taken me more than 5 mins to get a group with the duty finder on my healer. Just give it a whirl. Once you're in group the party kind of has to show you the ropes if they want to survive.

It's never taken me more than 5 mins to get a group with the duty finder on my healer. Just give it a whirl. Once you're in group the party kind of has to show you the ropes if they want to survive.

when i solo queue as dps i sometimes wait like 30 min ;/

This is starting to make me mad now. I haven't been able to play since day 2 of early access. stupid 1017 error.

I havent been able to get into a dungeon yet at all to see if I'm still a competant healer.

It's really, really hard to be a bad healer in the dungeons in this game. Even with a bad tank, you'll find yourself with full mana and a bit of boredom. I like to throw out the occasional Stone II/Aero combo in between heals when I have a tank who can hold aggro.

It's really, really hard to be a bad healer in the dungeons in this game. Even with a bad tank, you'll find yourself with full mana and a bit of boredom. I like to throw out the occasional Stone II/Aero combo in between heals when I have a tank who can hold aggro.

Thanks, that gives me some hope. Its been so long since I've taken the role of primary healer I worry I'll be pretty rusty, especially while adjusting to the interface and all.

I may roll a toon on Levi with you guys at some point if I can. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks, that gives me some hope. Its been so long since I've taken the role of primary healer I worry I'll be pretty rusty, especially while adjusting to the interface and all.

I may roll a toon on Levi with you guys at some point if I can. We'll see how it goes.

One simple tip. Don't try and click on people to select them. Click on their picture in the party list. It's way to easy to select the wrong person if you don't.

what level are you.

the dungeons ramp up in difficulty significantly once you hit the manor at lvl 28 and up.

and once you hit qarn shit gets really serious.

Closest call I had as a healer so far..was I had a tank going one way...and a dps 'exploring' another way....who brought us a nice train of adds...lol. It kinda reminded me of EQ back in the day...but other than that...yeah it's not too hectic. Just keep that spell that pushes the mob back if he's in your face handy...

Well, got the ahk script trying to log me in. Tried the trick I used last time with no luck. Hopefully it will work sooner rather than later.

edit: sweet, that didn't take long at all. I'm in.

Just keep that spell that pushes the mob back if he's in your face handy...

This. I find it convenient to: Bind a key to Target Nearest Enemy and stand just behind the ranged dps. This way if either you or the ranged DPS pull aggro, you're two key presses away from pushing that mob straight back onto the tank.

Aye. Between work stuffs, I get around 2 hours of playtime in a day and each day I feel I've progressed a fair bit. First MMO I'm taking casually and enjoying it.

Same here. I play wow more hardcore. We raid 6 hours a week!

But I'm just rolling through ff14 and taking it easy. Enjoying the archer.

pro tips for getting your chocobo:

when you join a grand company through your main story quest line, they issue you a grand company hunters log that gives out seals for completion...the mobs in Hantali instance take up like 3 or 4 sets...get that quest from an npc in vesper bay...do hantali and a few fates and bingo, you got your 2k seals for your chocobo grand company issuance document...you'll have to name your chocobo..start thinking

easy peasy

Well, got the ahk script trying to log me in. Tried the trick I used last time with no luck. Hopefully it will work sooner rather than later.

edit: sweet, that didn't take long at all. I'm in.

I didn't want to resort to that, but I guess I have to. Buddies are on right now out-leveling me because they logged in this morning before work and AFK'd all day. :(

Edit: Sweet, I'm in. Gotta watch it while it's going, though. If you get into the queue, the script will hit cancel on that if you leave it running.

Last edited:
lol yeah other trick where you change to a japanese server and then choose Lev isn't working either...guess the patch fixed that...bleh.

I find the fact that I still cant even get into the game to be absolutely ridiculous, Square did SHIT planning for this launch and the fact that its going to take until who knows when next week for new worlds, and im guessing i wont be able to even transfer to a low pop server which means ill still be faced with log in issues to be an absolute joke.

What is the script you guys are using?

How is greenman gaming out of stock for a digital download? I'm trying to buy the game 20% off at the moment and can't

I didn't want to resort to that, but I guess I have to. Buddies are on right now out-leveling me because they logged in this morning before work and AFK'd all day. :(

Edit: Sweet, I'm in. Gotta watch it while it's going, though. If you get into the queue, the script will hit cancel on that if you leave it running.

what script is it that your using? what is the ank script?

Code:
F6::
WinGet, programid,List, FINAL FANTASY
Loop
{
ControlSend,,{Numpad0}, ahk_id %programid1% 
Sleep 500
}
Pause::Pause

Download and install AutoHotKey. Paste the above into a text file and save it as FF14.ahk, then double click it.

Start the game, and at the menu, press F6 once. It'll keep selecting the highlighted option, which will be Start, your character, the OK button on the 1017 error, and then Start again. Eventually you'll hit a queue -- press Pause on your keyboard to pause the script, then just sit in the queue.

What I do is make the game windowed and do other crap while I wait.

Last edited:
I just don't understand why on earth they would not make a queue. I mean come on games have had bad launches but no queue, really!!! And before anyone says anything I know they have a queue for like under 100, but this error is DUMB!

I'm just going to stop logging out, the people bitching about AFK can suck it :cool:

Pretty much. I know staying logged in doesn't help anything, but after all the crap you go through to even get to play, it's not worth logging out. I don't even get mad at people afking now. All SE needs to do is add and afk kick and it would solve the problem. That said, until they implement that, you're damn right I'm not logging out. I'd encourage anyone else to do the same.

Code:
F6::
WinGet, programid,List, FINAL FANTASY
Loop
{
ControlSend,,{Numpad0}, ahk_id %programid1% 
Sleep 500
}

Download and install AutoHotKey. Paste the above into a text file and save it as FF14.ahk. Right click it and click Run.

Go into the game, get to the character select screen, and press F6 once. Basically it'll keep selecting the focused option, which will be your character, the OK button on the 1017 error, the Start button, and then your character again. Eventually you'll hit a queue instead of 1017, then you can close AHK.

What I did was make the game windowed and did other crap while keeping an eye on it. I got in after about five minutes.

i tried this but the script doesnt seem to be doing anything

i tried this but the script doesnt seem to be doing anything

Working perfect for me. Define 'not doing anything'? You hit F6 on the character select screen and nothing happens? If that's the case, the script file (FF14.ahk) isn't running.

That AHK script is golden, works perfectly for me. Unfortunately, I've yet to get back in...

Back