Final piece of the puzzle

trxjw

Limp Gawd
Finally ordering my new machine this week. It's all going to be based around an e6420 and a P6N Platinum that I'll (in theory) be overclocking to 3 - 3.2ghz on air. I'm leaning towards the AC7 Pro for my heatsink, but I'm not sure if it will adequately cool my CPU. It's all going in a TJ09 with 4 fans (2 top 1 intake 1 exhaust, 1 front intake and 1 rear exhaust) so I'm hoping that will all be enough to cool the beast. Anyone have any experiences or advice on this?

Also, I've read that the thermal paste on the AC7 is pretty good quality, so I was just going to remove the OEM heatsink, peel off the pad and clean it with Alcohol. Is that a pretty good mindset or am I missing a big part of the process?

My other alternative is the Ninja Rev B.

i have the ninja rev.b and i love it. cools very well.as for the Ac, i dont have experiance

Also, I've read that the thermal paste on the AC7 is pretty good quality, so I was just going to remove the OEM heatsink, peel off the pad and clean it with Alcohol. Is that a pretty good mindset or am I missing a big part of the process?

My other alternative is the Ninja Rev B.

srry for double post. yeah thats pretty much it. make sure you use decent thermal paste and only a dab the size of a large grain of rice.

The AC freezer will adaquately cool a conroe up to 3.2ghz.

And your thoughts on the paste application are perfect. Clean the old stuff, apply the sink as normal.

The AC freezer will adaquately cool a conroe up to 3.2ghz.

And your thoughts on the paste application are perfect. Clean the old stuff, apply the sink as normal.

Alrighty then. Since the paste on the AC7 is preapplied I don't need to add any to the CPU spreader correct? Just mount it after I clean the processor off?

Anyone have any other experience with it? Most of the reviews I'm finding use old P4 chips to measure cooling and the one I did find used the Q6600 and a 1ghz OC got the load temp up to +75* C which is something I'd certainly like to avoid.

Heres the link:
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/freezer7pro/2.htm

Right, just clean the IHS off.

The AC Freezer will let you OC to as high as your chip can go, on stock voltage. Voltage bumps will get you into the 70s.

Back