Finally Built!!!

Sameer

n00b
I had originally posted a thread asking for help on a new PC: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1177836

I just wanted to thank all of you for helping me build my new PC and what a PC it turned out to be. I will post the final specs for you guys.

Z2.jpg

Z1.jpg

Z3.jpg

CPU: INTEL Conroe E6700 2.67GHz FSB1066MHz 4MB LGA775 Dual-Core (BX80557E6700)

MB: EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA NFORCE 680I SLI ATX INTEL (122-CK-NF68-A1)

RAM: OCZ 2GB (2x 1GB) DDR2 PC2-6400 Platinum Revision 2 Dual Channel (OCZ2P800R22GK)

VID: EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GEFORCE 8800GTX 768MB DDR3 575MHz DVI DVI HDTV (768-P2-N831-AR)

HD: 2 WD Raptor 150s in raid 0 - Western Digital Raptor 150GB 1.5Gb/s 10000rpm 16MB (Raptor 150GB)

PSU: ThermalTake TOUGHPOWER 750W ATX 12V 2.2/14CM (Modular)

CASE: Silverstone TJ09 Black w/ side window

Cooler: Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme

KB: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard - USB (G15 Gaming KB)

Mouse: Logitech MX518 Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse 8 buttons wired USB (MX518)

DVD: Asus 18x DVD-RW Drive Black SATA Lightscribe (DRW-1814BLT)

Mon: 2 x Dell FPW2704 Rev A04

Thanks again,
Sameer

I love it.

I think that system is outstanding and I would rock that setup with PRIDE. :D

Nicely done for a n00b. Seriously.

Also, what cooling model is that above your RAM?

Im drooling over those 2 27" Dell widescreens...

Great quality build, congrats!

nice setup...not bad for a first time builder. nice and clean inside the case.

cricitcisms?

you whole sound department is lacking

and i woulda gone for a single 30" over the 2 27's

and 2 raptors in RAID 0 without any backup HDD is stupid

Thank you all for the comments... I will be running Pride on it once I am done setting it up properly. Then I'll also post my OC numbers.

As for the sound department, I am running the Logitech Z680 and you can see it behind the monitors. I don't know, but this seems to be enough for me and I think it's a good system.

i woulda gone for a single 30" over the 2 27's

I went for 2 24's, but to each his own. I guess some people prefer single.

2 raptors in RAID 0 without any backup HDD is stupid

I have an external 320gig HDD that I use for all my back-ups. I also make a back up on DVDs every few months... I do agree that no back up would be stupid :)

Hey im thinking about getting that same heatsink. How does it cool so far? Im looking for a heatsink that keep my processor cool at a 400FSB.

Also it doesnt come with a fan does it?

That heatsink is incredible... It doesn't come with a fan, nor does it come with any good thermal paste. But, if you get a good fan, like the Scythe Flex @ 1600rpm I promise you'll be amazed by the temps you get. This thing is like water cooling withouth the water :)

There is a great review for it at:
http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=2943
Check it out.

Awesome 1st time build up! Very clean wiring (for a first timer).
FYI sigs need to be 10 lines or less. just letting you know...

keep up the [H]ardwork!

Ninja Edit: question: why no turn the CPU cooler 90 degrees so that the warm air exhausts out the rear of the case? ( would need to turn that case fan around too)

agreed, your going to get cooler cpu temps if you turn the cooler 90 degrees so its not sucking that scorching heat off the back of the 8800.

Ahh... Well, I figured (with the help of some good friends) that air rises - So, we decided to have everything exit out the top. The fan at the back sucks air into the case and then everything is pushed up. The PSU sucks air in from the bottom mesh and pushes it out the back, The fan in the middle sucks in from the sides and pushes the air back and up over the 8800, etc... You get the idea.

Thank you all for the comments... I will be running Pride on it once I am done setting it up properly. Then I'll also post my OC numbers.

As for the sound department, I am running the Logitech Z680 and you can see it behind the monitors. I don't know, but this seems to be enough for me and I think it's a good system.

i woulda gone for a single 30" over the 2 27's

I went for 2 24's, but to each his own. I guess some people prefer single.

2 raptors in RAID 0 without any backup HDD is stupid

I have an external 320gig HDD that I use for all my back-ups. I also make a back up on DVDs every few months... I do agree that no back up would be stupid :)

decent speakers, consider upgrading to the 5500's as you can get them south of $300 if you look around. but more importantly... onboard sound? you can do better than that.

you have 2704 listed as your model # for the monitor so you might want to correct that.

and good you have backup. now you have to stick to a good schedule of remembering to actually use that external drive and back it all up

congrats on your build. but like others have said, i would definitely turn that heatsink around and see if that helps cpu temps.

.....once more.

What cooling model is that above your sticks of RAM?

Ahh... Well, I figured (with the help of some good friends) that air rises - So, we decided to have everything exit out the top. The fan at the back sucks air into the case and then everything is pushed up. The PSU sucks air in from the bottom mesh and pushes it out the back, The fan in the middle sucks in from the sides and pushes the air back and up over the 8800, etc... You get the idea.

If you have an exaust fan up top thats not a bad idea at all. I was thinking the same as the others since its hard to tell whether you got a fan up there or not.

I'll try turning the heatsink to see what results I get.

For the RAM, I am using OCZ XTC Memory Airflow Cooler

from what i can tell it looks like if you turn the hsf towards the back of the case it'll hit your nb heatpipe...

Dude wish I had the cash to get something like that :( unfortunately that's the little thing that's keeping me from the big thing!

Looks great.

Got that 750 watt thermaltake here too, really helped in cleaning up my case.

Hadn't seen that OCZ memory cooler before, I like the look of it vs the Corsair one with 3 40 mm fans, think I'll add it to my system during the next rebuild coming up next week.

Very nice computer.

To be honest im not a big fan of the table you are using.:p Personally i like just a normal table, its so much easyer. The table you have only has space for a computer, so no space to lean on, no space to put your beer/ashtray/plants on. etc.

Your computer makes me drool though:cool:

edit: Maybe its just the huge monitors.

Yeah, this system drove me to bankruptcy :(. But I think it was worth it...

hahaha... My table does suck, but I don't smoke or drink, so I don't need the room on my table. There is also a table to my right that is half empty :)

Yeah, this system drove me to bankruptcy :(. But I think it was worth it...

hahaha... My table does suck, but I don't smoke or drink, so I don't need the room on my table. There is also a table to my right that is half empty :)

I sense an HTPC build coming on.....

Nice rig, but to me it looks like you need a new mouse pad. Something not so plain. :p Seriously though, good job!

Ok, maybe I can clear up some of the questions, as I built this rig for Sameer.

1. The monitors are Dell 2407's, the 24" screens. We got a great deal on them. 2 of these were cheaper than one 30"

2. The rear fan blows air into the case, providing immediate fresh air for the nb cooling and the cpu h.s. Then the Ultra extreme's fan pushes this air up and out to the roof mounted fans. Anyone who knows the TJ09 knows there is a seperate, chambered air intake and fan for the VC, so thats all good.

3. the ram cooler is from OCZ, was $20.00 at Infonec.

If I had more time, I would have searched out a 8pin mobo cable extension, but hey, I was rushed.

Back