Finally have 2 EVGA Gtx 1080s coming, What SLI Bridge?

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Guys will my older bridge from my 980s work? On Nvidias webpage the Bridges aren't available yet, Should I buy a newer one from EVGA directly the Version 2? Thanks in Advance :)

The old bridge will still work, but impact performance in some unspecified way. Nobody knows how much yet. If you have a floppy bridge, definitely buy a new one. If you have a hard bridge with an LED on it, you might be OK.

I have a rigid one, I was going to buy the Newest one from EVGA directly ( with the LEDS Version 2 ) id hate to spend $30 then Nvidia release theirs. I guess best bet would be to wait it out and use the older one for the time being, I was mainly wondering if anyone here at Hard is using a older one and whats their experience,

You want a high bandwidth sli bridge. While the old led bridges can be overclocked from 400mhz to 650mhz, I don't believe they use both lanes. So buy an HB SLI bridge.

Are the HB sli bridges out thou??? I just talked to a Evga rep via online chat and he said I will get decreased performance using a older bridge and they have no Eta on the new ones. Can you give me a link on whit one ypu suggest? Thanks!!

I'm in the same boat as you. Should have my 2 Gigabyte 1080 FEs tomorrow but I'm running an old x58 system and in the process of building a new one. I'd just wait on the new bridges because we I've not seen anyone test the new bridges yet and while the old hard ones might be fine, I wouldn't spend any money on anything but the new bridges for 1080/1070 until there's more known about the what the new bridges do, or don't.

Are the HB sli bridges out thou??? I just talked to a Evga rep via online chat and he said I will get decreased performance using a older bridge and they have no Eta on the new ones. Can you give me a link on whit one ypu suggest? Thanks!!

"Buy the newest SLI bridge! We just don't know when it'll be out, or what the performance gains (if any) are..."

I find the lack of SLI performance numbers, with or without this mysterious new bridge to be a bit strange.

Exactly. Remains to be seen if the new bridge actually makes a perceptible difference.

I find the lack of SLI performance numbers, with or without this mysterious new bridge to be a bit strange.

Nothing really mysterious about that, most reviewers only had one card. A lot of cards will be dropping on door steps tomorrow and in the coming days so there's no doubt going to be much on this subject coming soon. However the new bridges are still nowhere to be seen from any review I've read thus far, so numbers using the new bridge will be a while. But that's a good thing because we should know as soon at the bridges become available what if any difference they make.

The nvidia HB SLI bridges are in notify me status. So I'm not sure when they will release. I would just live with your old sli bridge until they release. Like has been said, we don't even know what the impact of additional bandwidth will be.

Back