Finding a high end wireless mouse is too hard.

silent-circuit

[H]F Junkie
I already own some of the best wired mice in the world, arguably.

Here they are, listed in my order of preference:

Corsair M65
Razer Lachesis
CM Storm Spawn
Steelseries Sensei RAW
CM Sentinel Advance II
Razer DeathAdder
Steelseries Kana
CM Xornet

...and countless older Logitech wired mice. I also have a variety of mats (Artisan, Razer, Steelseries) and a few higher end keyboards (Leopold TKL with MX Browns, Corsair K65 RGB TKL with MX Reds, Razer Anansi, a Rosewill MX Blue board, etc). Is anyone selling new feet to match the Lachesis? I love that thing despite its terrible top coat (all peeled and nasty) and would like to put new skates on it.

I also have a few wireless mice. Currently that's limited to:

Razer Ouroborus Elite
Logitech G700s
Logitech Performance MX
Logitech MX Revolution
HP Media Mouse

I kinda want a Logitech G502 Proteus Core as I've heard it's a really nice mouse, though I know it's wired. My focus right now, however, is wireless mice.

I've been looking for a good wireless gaming mouse for years. Initially I was playing with the MX Revolution but the delay and occasional drop outs took it out of contention. The Performance MX is better but is honestly still too big and unresponsive; guess what I'm looking for has changed in recent years. The G700s isn't bad but it is just... bland, I guess? The Ouroborus is probably my favorite over all but I don't like the single-color lighting and can never seem to adjust it to fit me perfectly -- it's either too fast or too slow. An issue I've never had before, oddly. I hate that Razer brought back the Mamba (which I had before and returned because I didn't like the shape) for their newest wireless option with full color lighting. Why not offer a RGB version of the Ouroborus? Then I'l be happy.

I was planning on mentioning the Mamba until the end of your post lol.

I have the one with full RBG adjust and find the adjust on the fly speed was nice. I'm not overly picky though.

I have three g700s. Bland? Why not take it apart and mod it. I just want a mouse that works. That's accurate. And covered by the best warranty in the it world. My hand covers my whole mouse so don't really see a need for it to be Uber pretty. The g700s is pretty though. And very functional.

I have three g700s. Bland? Why not take it apart and mod it. I just want a mouse that works. That's accurate. And covered by the best warranty in the it world. My hand covers my whole mouse so don't really see a need for it to be Uber pretty. The g700s is pretty though. And very functional.

I know, it's hard to explain. I like how it feels most (but not all) times, but it's just... ugly, to me. If I'm going to spend that kind of cash I expect it to fit in on my desk. Sadly the G700s looks out of place, and at times feels similar. The feeling is of course far more important than the look. What kind of mods are you recommending?

The Ouroborus feels bad occasionally (feels too fast at times; at others it's fine) but is better over all. I also really like I can switch from wireless to wired on the Ouroborus in ~10 seconds, rather than switching to another mouse entirely or swapping batteries (which takes quite a while) if the G700s runs out. Not sure what to do.

There's really no such thing as a high end wireless mouse if you are playing FPS titles. They're going to create an extra delay of some sort... no matter what.. and if you're used to a super crisp feel of a wired mouse it's a 'don't even bother' scenario.

I've tried two in the past. I'm currently using a zowie wired mouse and it's the best damn thing I've tried... and I am a stickler for responsiveness and accuracy.

There's really no such thing as a high end wireless mouse if you are playing FPS titles. They're going to create an extra delay of some sort... no matter what.. and if you're used to a super crisp feel of a wired mouse it's a 'don't even bother' scenario.

I've tried two in the past. I'm currently using a zowie wired mouse and it's the best damn thing I've tried... and I am a stickler for responsiveness and accuracy.

Wrong.
Logitech G700s has less latency than any Zowie. Logitech actually did a funny test for wireless skeptics like yourself.

They had professional gamers that were wireless skeptics use a wireless mouse and the skeptics said it wasn't very responsive, then the Logitech engineers plugged a cord into it that didn't actually connect to anything and the skeptics said the lag was gone.

Wrong.
Logitech G700s has less latency than any Zowie. Logitech actually did a funny test for wireless skeptics like yourself.

They had professional gamers that were wireless skeptics use a wireless mouse and the skeptics said it wasn't very responsive, then the Logitech engineers plugged a cord into it that didn't actually connect to anything and the skeptics said the lag was gone.

Sometimes just thinking something makes your mind believe it too. Suckers.

Wrong.

FACT - wireless adds latency, period vs wired.

Some can notice it, some won't.

Show some real data showing it does, oh wait, you can't, because it doesn't.

QFT. There isn't a soul on the planet that could discern any additional latency (if any) on a properly operating Fast switching RF system. 500Hz polling rate =.002s of possible latency.

I'm not a hardcore gamer but I'm surprised at your problems with the MX Revolution. I've been using mine for over 5 years without any issue of it dropping out or becoming unresponsive. I did have the dreaded double click problem for a while, but stubborn me kept using it and now its gone away. I have no idea what started or ended the problem. Still, suffice to say in CS:S, CS:GO, FEAR (5 years remember?), SC2, CIV V (less mouse intensive admittedly), Mass Effect (Trilogy), et al, I haven't had an issue with either unresponsiveness or dropping out.

I'm looking to possibly move on to the new MX Master. My mouse still works fine, but it's becoming pretty beat up externally. I didn't want to move to the Performance MX, as they removed the thumb wheel (for some dumb reason). On the Master they haven't quite brought it back, but at least there is a "replacement" that may be acceptable.

I'll admit that my mousing is primarily productivity related and not heavy gaming though. However in my productivity I do require precision. As I basically have used my mouse up to this point for Photoshop retouching work (I'm working on getting a used Wacom as well... finally).

===

Anyway, good luck on your quest. I can't believe you're having this much trouble though. You must be incredibly picky with your input devices. I feel that I am pretty picky in comparison with an average user, I do want something refined and polished. I also research like crazy before I buy anything. But never have I ever owned a-dozen high-end mice and been unsatisfied.

Last edited:
As far as the new Razer Mamba goes... it's nothing like the old Mamba. The shape, grip, and button feel (and amount of buttons) is considerably different now. It used to basically just be a wireless Deathadder. Not any more.

I have a Deathadder (old one and new Chroma) and while I like the feel of the new Deathadder, the new Mamba is even better. They tweaked the shape and grip on it considerably. The feel of the scroll wheel, while maybe not a Logitech killer, is still the best that Razer has ever done... and it tilts, but it's not mushy so you won't accidentally trigger it. You might want to give it the new Mamba a shot before you dismiss it.

I don't have the wireless one though, just the wired. The wireless one wasn't out yet when I got it. I'm considering "upgrading" to it now that I know I'll like it, assuming the wireless isn't flakey.

FACT - wireless adds latency, period vs wired.

Some can notice it, some won't.

I own people with wired mice just fine with my wireless, so regardless...

I have the g700. bought a few others in past, but stuck with this one.

Back