Finding the right 24" monitor

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys, been out of the hardware loop for a while but I'm looking for a 24" monitor for (mainly) design, graphics, and some 3D animation. The Dell UltraSharp U2412M seems to be the highest praised on Amazon but its a two year old monitor, I'm sure there is something better at that price-point? I'm open to 23" but no smaller (preferably).

I recently went through a shopping phase, looking for 24" 16:10 LCD's for work (Drafting/CAD). Was mostly disappointed with prices/offerings.

Came out on the other side with a collection of 27" 2560x1440. Having used 1920x1200 24" LCDs for years, I like the 27" much much more. And the bang-for-buck factor with 27" is higher than what's out there in 24". We just picked up three Acer IPS 27" for roughly $270 ea or so.

You want 8-bit color for graphics, and so you will probably need to get an MVA display. IPS panels are all 6-bit now, except for high end professional models costing $400+.

Appreciate the responses!

Is the Asus VN247H-P any good for graphics? I know its a TN display, but the specs seem great and its only $160!

Back