FiOS available in SE Pennsylvania

Mindriot

Limp Gawd
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For Verizon customers in the 215 area code whose phone numbers have the following prefixes: 230, 340, 345, 348, 489; and to many Verizon customers in the 267 area code with the 880 and 885 prefixes.

[/font]
[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In addition to the launch of FiOS services in these communities, Verizon also announced the expansion of our FTTP deployment in Pennsylvania. In Bucks County, the network will cover parts of Yardley; the townships of Newtown, Lower Makefield, Middletown, Northhampton, Upper Makefield and Wrightstown; and the boroughs of Newtown and Yardley. In Chester County, the network will cover parts of Downingtown, Exton, Phoenixville and West Chester; the townships of Charlestown, Birmingham, Pocopson, East Bradford, East Brandywine, East Pikeland, East Vincent, Uwchlan, Caln, East Caln, West Whiteland, West Bradford, West Vincent, Schuylkill, Westtown, West Pikeland, West Goshen and East Goshen; and the boroughs of Downingtown, West Chester and Phoenixville. In Montgomery County, the network will cover parts of Upper Providence Township.

Of course my exchange is 822 so I'm out of luck for now. But it's coming. I want 30 Mbps damnit !!!
[/font]
[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font]
[/font]

Well I work for said company and I'll try to bring news as I get it. And just for the record I'm not trying to advertise for my company. If that was the case I'd have DSL. But I don't I have Cable :)

I assume NYC and it's outlying boroughs would be a major project for Verizon?

Yes! NYC and it's outlying bouroughs are HIGH on the list of rollouts. I'll try to get more specifics of the when and where.

well, by major project i meant "Lots of work and lots of red tape" but your reply is A LOT better than my question :D

Yeah, it's lots of work, and it will take years before the whole network is converted over to Fibre technology. But it will eventually be totally converted.

I'll just share this little bit of info because I thought it was totally amazing. See this Fibre cable below.

FIS_336.jpg

Take four of those individual wires and you can deliver phone service to all of Philadelphia. That is just amazing if you ask me.

Back