Firefly DVD Box Set 19.86 Walmart

i dont think they will box them together, but im sure there will be a directors cut or deluxe edition of serenity. Compared to the movies it ran agnaist i dont know why people did not give it a chance.

problem with tv was they ran firefly out of order and stuck it a tight spot. i loved the show, oh well.

Scunner said:
Ha!

I loved this series, and the movie was great and heartbreaking at the same time. If I didn't already have the series box... heck, I might go out and buy a couple just to give friends as presents.

Just picked up the Serenity widescreen edition from Buy.com for seventeen bucks. I'm sure there will be a better deal, but I can't wait to see the movie again. Everybody buy this DVD so that they'll make another movie!

i never thought i'd cry for a tv show but i was very sad when they decided to cancel it, its unfortunate that they had to butcher the plot a bit in the movie making it nearly impossible to bring back even if it did do well.

Inu said:
i never thought i'd cry for a tv show but i was very sad when they decided to cancel it, its unfortunate that they had to butcher the plot a bit in the movie making it nearly impossible to bring back even if it did do well.

Not nearly as impossible as you might thing. Joss has already said he knows what the next movie would be if he gets another one. He also said that Wash and Book would be in it, and not in a "cheesy" way.

heh I bought this before I saw this thread - watched it tonight - mmmmm so nice to see this again.

i watched the series, saw the movie in the theatre with my gf, then watched all the dvds with her, and now the movie again. even better this time!

EDIT: yeah I don't much like prequels but there is so much story left to be told before the movie timeline... plenty of shows or movies could be made...

I picked this up at a local wal mart was a great deal and was a great refresher on the sci fi scene with the wild west flavor. I never knew the series existed until it was already cancelled as I don't watch tv at all really and just download what I want to watch. The only shows I watched regularly were sg1 atlantis and battlestar galactica and sg1 and atlantis both kinda suck I just want b star really :). SG1 is dead tho to me no oneil = no sg1 for me and atlantis is just gay.

First time I saw the series was some marathon before a serenity behind the scenes the movie and didn't know it was cancelled figured it was a newer show :). I was excited too :(.

Target here has it for $40. I can't find a Wally ad to try and get them to price match. :-(

Rori said:
Target here has it for $40. I can't find a Wally ad to try and get them to price match. :-(

I asked Target if they price matched and they said they didn't. :mad:

I bought Serenity and Firefly season box set let me say I spent almost a whole day watching it and the second watching the final 2 episodes and movie. The episodes that weren't aired were kind of cool and the movie after seeing it once again brought alot of closure to alot of loose ends in the series.

I am still a little disappointed about the shepherd not being explained in a flashback or story somewhat more in detail I would like to know his story. Inara or whatever would like some more back story on her. Wash and his wife need more story on how they actually or she rather liked him enough to marry when in the beginning she said she didn't like him. Jayne's background is fine so far not much else and they weren't clear enough on River's background on what her purpose was just a generic assasin thing. Kayley had a hazy background as well but it's not that interesting. The sheperd though back to before like I said has the most interesting background like what is he? Retired alliance general os some sort? Some agent that is a born again christian basically what's up?

Glad in the movie they tied up the reavers and the ending made sense for the most part with river seemingly taking over the pilot job and care of serenity in a sense.

I think the joke when she said there was "just something she didn't like about him" was the mustache. It's of course gone in the present part of the show.

OldPueblo said:
I think the joke when she said there was "just something she didn't like about him" was the mustache. It's of course gone in the present part of the show.

Yea I realize that however it wasn't made clear. They did all wear mustaches when he got up from the panel wearing his own fake mustache was a gag :).

BTW I did find this at Walmart for 19 bucks the box set i had to goto a walmart locally that had a larger electronics section. We have 5 here in cape coral fort myers area. Oh and 3 super targets now :/.

Finger said:
That's the Serenity movie (which is fantastic anyway) - we're talking about the Firefly Season 1 set. But yes, if you're gonna pick up Firefly, pick this up too.

Holy crap - the whole time I thought this thread (or at least the original post) was about the movie which I got from Walmart for $19.86... but I just looked and by golly you're right. Too bad it's OOS - I borrowed the set from my friend - but it'd be nice to have my own copy.

And here I was about to ask if anyone actually had theirs ship to them yet. I was sent an email on dec 30th saying it was on it way, checking status again there was some "error" and it was corrected and will be on its way to me again. This is the longest shipping ive had for an item. Ive ordered stuff from China and its gotten here in 3 days, with standard ground shipping.

Sorry, didn't post earlier. Got mine last Thursday, 01/05, from Walmart.com. With tax and shipping it was $23.

Mine showed up yesterday. Man this show rocks. It would actually be a reason for me to get cable if they ever brought it back to tv.

Back