Firefly

MrIgoe

n00b
Hey guys, REALLY need some help on this one, I appreciate ANY input on the matter

Ive had a Winfast PVR Tuner for about 2 years now, and it works fine, but the remote that came with it ONLY works for PVR and nothing else. Recently I picked up a Firefly remote from Snapstream over at newegg (once you know :-P) and it integrated seamlessly, EXCEPT for my TV. It wont let me launch my Winfast application and it wont detect it as a program I can set for my TV. I e-mailed the firefly people, but that may take some time. Is there a way, (like using girder) to manually set the remote for firefly to launch the TV application and a way to set the channel up and down to do the channel up and down for my winfast remote?

sure, you just have to manually edit the xml files. all of the firefly commands are in xml files. if you browse throught hem and look at the source, you will see where you can manually edit the buttons to keystrokes. or in some cases launch commands for the apps. I just used copy/paste for commands and edited them accordingly.

Hmm....I can't find any "xml" files, i found a profile editor, but that doesnt look like its it. I also opened up all the files i could in notepad and got gibberish in most cases. Do you know the exact name of the file to open and edit?

Sorry for being persistent

theya re in commonf iles\application data\snapstream\profiles

or soemthing like that. or just search your c drive for *.xml or "profiles" and it will turn it up. there are tons of xml files. one for the buttons that don't change function and one for each of the supported apps. Global.xml is the one that controls the buttons that retain their functions no matter what app. power, maximize, and the firefly key are a couple.

Yea, I just didn't realize snapsteam stuck em in a wierd place. Been fiddling with the controls. Is there a way to create a new profile for a new program and have the remote reference it? Like, if i set up the Winfast profile, how do I get the remote to call it

not that I know of. I edited the stuff into the global. I had problems with the firefly software picking up the rigtht app sometimes, so I jsut put all the commands in the global. but I only used 2 apps, so it was easy. Meedio and zoomplayer.

Back