FireFox 1.1 Codename: Deer Park Alpha 1

Deer Park isn't a code name, it's a rebranding so that people don't confuse it with Firefox, download it, and inadvertedly screw up their Firefox install with what's essentially an early alpha.

I'm not one for downloading nightlies, so I'll wait for the inevitable 1.1PR.

I run nightly builds a lot. Some are great, and some are not. They key is to do a fresh install which is inconvenient, if you have only one computer that you depend on. I believe that everyone seriously interested in software should spend a couple of hundred dollars (or less) for an older machine. I have an old computer just for that reason, and to attend scary places on the net. I have more fun with my old Asus P5A than I do my main machine, but I don't have to depend on it to keep up with my checkbook and stuff. Nonetheless, it's dependable and has never let me down. I digress... Old machines are fun, and betas are very interesting sometimes, especially if you run a dozen at a time. :D

Deer Park Alpha 1 is a significant step forward, in my opinion...except the Mouse gestures won't work with it...yet.

I've been running Deer Park since it hit the FTP servers a week ago (?), but the new Options window doesn't fully show stuff. Some options are cut off and I can't expand the window to look at the other settings.

Anyone have this happen to them?

Terpfen said:
Deer Park isn't a code name, it's a rebranding so that people don't confuse it with Firefox, download it, and inadvertedly screw up their Firefox install with what's essentially an early alpha.
Well, there not going to call it Deer Park when the release it, so isent it essentially a code name? :D

1.1 sounds pretty cool, i cant wait for it, Anyone know when its suppposed to be released?

According to the Firefox 2.0 roadmap, 1.1 beta should be June, with a final release in July.

Deer Park Alpha 1 shows as 2.0 on the .exe, but as 1.0+ inside the browser. I'm running a nightly from a few days ago that is similar, except Mouse Gestures work. It is labeled 1.8 beta.

Rombus said:
Well, there not going to call it Deer Park when the release it, so isent it essentially a code name? :D

Nah, it's a rebranding, not a code name. The Mozilla guys are trying to distinguish it as a separate program to prevent accidental downloads, or at least that's the line they've been blogging with for the past few weeks.

Either way... The Burning Edge's bugfix/regression list doesn't make me want to go out and download the thing.

Back