Fireworks 2010

PS-RagE

Supreme [H]ardness
Post 'em if you got 'em!

Here are a few pics from our Canada Day celebration (July 1st)

july1-2010_1.jpg

july1-2010_2.jpg

july1-2010_3.jpg

july1-2010_4.jpg

july1-2010_5.jpg

july1-2010_6.jpg

july1-2010_7.jpg

july1-2010_8.jpg

july1-2010_9.jpg

july1-2010_10.jpg

july1-2010_11.jpg

july1-2010_12.jpg

july1-2010_13.jpg

july1-2010_14.jpg

july1-2010_15.jpg

july1-2010_16.jpg

july1-2010_17.jpg

july1-2010_18.jpg

july1-2010_19.jpg

july1-2010_20.jpg

Awesome shots, Rage!

I forgot to bring my tripod to our cookout Sunday, so I went the high-speed route with my fireworks photos this year. Requires some good timing and a lot of luck – at least it looks really cool when it works. Got a few that turned out pretty good, and a bunch of frames that were just solid black. :p

Decided to layer a bunch together so it looks like we had a massive fireworks show in my friends’ back yard. :D

fireworks-1.jpg

fireworks-2.jpg

fireworks-3.jpg

I love how the smoke and sparkly bits look like a nebula in space.
fireworks-4.jpg

Awesome shots, Rage!

I forgot to bring my tripod to our cookout Sunday, so I went the high-speed route with my fireworks photos this year. Requires some good timing and a lot of luck – at least it looks really cool when it works. Got a few that turned out pretty good, and a bunch of frames that were just solid black. :p

Decided to layer a bunch together so it looks like we had a massive fireworks show in my friends’ back yard. :D

That is a really neat look! I will have to try that next time

That is a great look madFive. Definitely nice!

My uncles business partner puts on a great fireworks show each each year for family and friends as a way to celebrate independence day in grand style. The last 2 years I've sat right up next to the launch area like everyone else. This year I decided to sit back a ways on the top of a hill.

Fireworks_1_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

Fireworks_2_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

3. I really like these next two shots because they capture the massive height that some of the fireworks were reaching.
Fireworks_3_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

Fireworks_4_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

5. They had some excellent setups that could only be properly appreciated from a distance like the display below.
Fireworks_5_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

6. The fog was rolling into the valley by the time of the finale. My camera lens started getting dew and condensation on the top and my bag was thoroughly moist by the time the show was done. A longer exposure that capture the fog and the redness of some of the last fireworks.
Fireworks_6_by_Adam_Bavier.jpg

Total time ~50 minutes. I have to congratulate his son - who is in Junior High - on a wonderfully wired finale.

Back