First 5000+ black overclock reports

Yeah, but you cant buy An GOOD intel motherboard for the price of an overclocking AMD board.
Take that into consideration when you spout off E6600 price vs 5000+ price.

i am looking to build a new system and comparing an intel based system to an AMD system, AMD seems to get the best performance per $$ spent.

i was set on buying a core 2 duo since they around $220 now, but with a 6000+ costing $70 or more less than the intel, the AMD really seems worth it if AMDs are hitting 3.3, 3.5 ghz. the 6000+(and would seem the 5000 black) are pretty close to the Intel 6600 at stock speeds.

Someone buy one of these freakin things and put it on LN2 or dice or something.

Why cant I find one of these for sale?

The week isnt up yet....be patient.If not this week,certainly next.I was told this would on store shelves in days to a week max ! :)

It will also be very interesting to see if AMD adjusts the price on the 5000 Black Edition. I wasn't too keen on it at first but I'm beginning to come around. I just might have to give up on my beloved skt 754 3400+ Venice and go with one of these. :p

i am looking to build a new system and comparing an intel based system to an AMD system, AMD seems to get the best performance per $$ spent.

i was set on buying a core 2 duo since they around $220 now, but with a 6000+ costing $70 or more less than the intel, the AMD really seems worth it if AMDs are hitting 3.3, 3.5 ghz. the 6000+(and would seem the 5000 black) are pretty close to the Intel 6600 at stock speeds.

Look into a e4x00 chip and OC it the same as the 6000+. Curious how they'd compare then, as price is similar.

Btw, OC the 6600 to 3.6+ and it becomes worth it's price.

Apples to apples.

I can't wait until AMD gets back on the horse, I love the competition of this industry.

Back