first bookshelf...is this good

those Polks would be a good starter pair, but you may need a subwoofer if you want a little more low end.

hey...thanks for the reply..i think im gonna wait and but like a $100-$200 bookshelf...that sounds better right

Polk has a bookshelf pair for around $200. We picked up the $140 Polk M10's the other day for a friends home theater setup. they don't need really loud playback and since they have a large powered sub, these small speakers were perfect.

I am running powered Alesis bookshelf speakers on my PC, but they are around $400 for the pair. they are incredible.
http://www.alesis.com/product.php?id=27

Polk has a bookshelf pair for around $200. We picked up the $140 Polk M10's the other day for a friends home theater setup. they don't need really loud playback and since they have a large powered sub, these small speakers were perfect.

I am running powered Alesis bookshelf speakers on my PC, but they are around $400 for the pair. they are incredible.
http://www.alesis.com/product.php?id=27

u dont need subs for the alesis?

u dont need subs for the alesis?

The Alesis have really deep tight bass already and don't require a sub, but a sub wouldn't hurt for even deeper lows.

I had a pair of Paradigm M7 floor standing speakers hooked to my older Harmon Kardon stereo amp and played the same source on that as well as the Alesis and they sounded really really similiar at all power levels.

paradigm_m7.jpg

Insignia is totally kickass for $50, but for a $100-200 budget, you can likely do better.

nice pic there..but for around $100-$200 total in equipment (amp, receiver, speakers) what should i get?

nice pic there..but for around $100-$200 total in equipment (amp, receiver, speakers) what should i get?

I wish you could hear the Alesis speakers live, as that is what I recommend (but they are around $350 new I think).
If $200 is your max, I would get the Polks and a receiver (or amp) and then save up some more and get a sub.

If you can find a deal on a used receiver then you can get a more expensive pair of speakers and not "need" a sub.
My current audio setup consists of all used components that I bought locally from various forums.

Back