First Gameplay Footage of Medal of Honor Revealed

No actual in-game footage? Hrmm... I want to see actual gameplay before I pass judgement.

Yeah the bad company 2 ingame trailer looks better than this....

I just want good semirealistic MP that isnt nerfed too bad

I saw it in HD during the Spike VGAs.

This low-res video does it no justice. The game's graphics look amazing -- better than Bad Company 2's and far better than Modern Warfare 2's.

EDIT: Higher quality here:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/medal-of-spike-tv/59827

Well, maybe not amazing, but it does look really good.

:eek: I watched the trailer on Shacknews and Youtube... those vids do NO JUSTICE for this game like GT does. It really DOES look good, holy crap!

BTW the GT trailer for the game also has the full cut, where it includes more footage after you see the guy enter the room

It looks really good, but c'mon. Given the period and environments you can't help but draw the comparison to MW2. There's far less detail in the textures here.

If the game had tried to go for a more stylized aesthetic, it wouldn't matter. But they're competing directly with the same material in the same market. On a graphics basis, MoH doesn't compare well.

But there's still plenty of opportunity for variation in gameplay even within the same period. I'm interested in finding out how they plan to pitch this game as being distinct.

^^
That video was taken down...was it this? :

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/medal-of-spike-tv/59827

That's the actual trailer. Pretty early on but so far that looks pretty good to me.

The game isn't coming out until Fall of 2010 that's why I don't see much point in nitpicking the hell out of this early trailer. The game is almost a year away from release.

There's a lot that can and will be done between now and then on this title.

I'm looking forward to it and I'm betting it will be more fun and a better title than COD: MW2 and probably by a decent margin. I tend to prefer MOH over COD most of the time anyways.

COD: United Offensive was the all time best COD to me personally.

Looks decent. I'm not frothing at the mouth for this like I am the new Battlefield and Alien Vs. Predator game but I'll keep a close eye on this one.

It looks really good, but c'mon. Given the period and environments you can't help but draw the comparison to MW2. There's far less detail in the textures here.

If the game had tried to go for a more stylized aesthetic, it wouldn't matter. But they're competing directly with the same material in the same market. On a graphics basis, MoH doesn't compare well.

But there's still plenty of opportunity for variation in gameplay even within the same period. I'm interested in finding out how they plan to pitch this game as being distinct.

It's not that there is any less detail in textures. It's a difference in engines where COD shines in bump mapping and lighting which gives low res textures a lot more depth and shadows and texture while somehow running at a very fast speed.

It's a shame not many games out there are even close to COD in accomplishing that.

Since the MP is being made by DICE you know it'll be fantastic, so who cares about the SP. :D

Honestly.. I was more excited about the game before seeing the trailer. It looks like a MW clone, which it doesn't have to be. Still, I hope the game is good... and they better keep the lean system from Airborne!

Back