First pictures of Geforce 9900 GTX HSF!

defiant007

2[H]4U
http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?shownews=19804&catid=2

You've seen the drawings, now it's time to get a glimpse of something 'real,' like the cooling solution of the upcoming flagship card from Nvidia, the GeForce 9900 GTX. Set to cool off one GT200 GPU with 240 Stream Processors, the heatsink can be viewed just below. Equipped with one fan, the cooling solution is quite long, it takes up two slots and has a design similar to that of the cooler use with the 8800 GTS.

From the second picture it looks like the GeForce 9900 GTX will have two 8-pin connectors for additional power and also triple-SLI support. Stick around for more info.

nvidiageforce9900gtxheaux9.jpg

nvidiageforce9900gtxheasm5.jpg

nvidiageforce9900gtxheayy7.jpg

I hate the 2 x 8pin PCI-E because there's not many power supplies with
4 x 8pin PCI-E for SLI:mad:

I hate the 2 x 8pin PCI-E because there's not many power supplies with
4 x 8pin PCI-E for SLI:mad:

I did a little poking around and could not find a psu with 4 8pin(6+2) connectors, max I could find was 3.

I wish this card would get released already. Nice, but 2x8 pin connectors? Whatever happened to 1x6 and 1x8 pin connectors?

I remember video cards don't need any power connectors at all. Its just ridiculous that high end video cards require a dual slot fan cooler.

I'm thinking the 6+8 render might be the 9900GTS, or a total fake based on the current cards...

However, I don't mind the 2x 8pins since I won't be running SLI. I can't wait to get this asshole under water though :)

Either way, I'm SURPRISED this cooler, essentially the same one on the G92's (probably more copper with more heatpipes and such though) can deal with the reported 200w of heat output... Considering most CPU heatsinks have trouble with 150w or so.

I did a little poking around and could not find a psu with 4 8pin(6+2) connectors, max I could find was 3.
If you have PCI-e 2.0 mother board then 8pin + 6pin plugs should be enough for one card.

It would be hard to believe that someone with enough money for 9900 GTX SLI would use that kind of old motherboard with only old PCI-e slots.

Didn't these TRI-SLI motherboards have 2xPCI-e 2.0 and one regular slot? Meaning that you would need,for 9900 GTX TRI SLI, 3x8pin and 2x6pin connectors.

If you have PCI-e 2.0 mother board then 8pin + 6pin plugs should be enough for one card.

It would be hard to believe that someone with enough money for 9900 GTX SLI would use that kind of old motherboard with only old PCI-e slots.

Didn't these TRI-SLI motherboards have 2xPCI-e 2.0 and one regular slot? Meaning that you would need,for 9900 GTX TRI SLI, 3x8pin and 2x6pin connectors.

You would be surprised. There are posts here all the time like "I have an old p4 board with pci express and I want to buy an 9800gx2".

i dont think its going to very loud at all it looks like the same fan thats on the 9800s
and big fan = low rpm
NV learned not to use loud fans after the FX5x00 line crap

My 750TX has 4 6+2.

BTW, whats going on with the backside of the PCB?
it has a hole in it near the fan, just like the 9800GX2, im guessing this is what they are going to do from now on as it can intake more air faster..

Hopefully we'll be seeing some stats on this thing soon. Just might be time for me to replace my 8800gt's.

I have a feeling this thing will come out just after my step up ends, but I might step up to a 9800GTX just because then.

Heh, i just bit on 2 of the 9800GTX's from tigerdirect. So as long as this thing comes out before the middle of august i'll be able to step up.

haha

*waits for the old photochopped picture of the previous NVIDIA dual slot coolers when they first arrived*

it is dam big enough!

I have a feeling this thing will come out just after my step up ends, but I might step up to a 9800GTX just because then.

my step up is done around the end of the month, might keep my 8800gtx since the 9800gtx is going for alot less now. hope this 9900 comes out soon lol

my step up is done around the end of the month, might keep my 8800gtx since the 9800gtx is going for alot less now. hope this 9900 comes out soon lol

Hehe, you are in the same situation as me, I have an 8800GTX and hope to pick up the 9900 (or whatever it will be called). I think I have until mid June so I might get lucky but who knows.

The render showed a 6-pin and 8-pin arrangement. They are seeing a large gap on the heatsink (which may look like two 8-pin arrangement) because they forgot about the SPIDF passthrough that the render showed to be right next to the 6-pin. It'll still be a 6-pin/8-pin.

I got my PSU not that long ago (a modular antec one) and it doesn't have any 8 pin PCI-e power cables...

gay

You can order new cables from corsair. My 520hx came with 2 6+2 cables. The newer 620hx's come with 4 6+2's i believe. Try hitting up the corsair rep on the boards.

Building a new computer very soon, do you know if the Corsair 750W would come with the necessary pin connectors to support the card?

Building a new computer very soon, do you know if the Corsair 750W would come with the necessary pin connectors to support the card?

It does. It has 4 6+2 connectors. I ran a q6600 + quad sli 9800GX2's with it just fine.

Silverstone 1kw PSU... I've got 4... :) cost me $350 but I'm pretty future proofed with that psu... :) Now i'm screwed if I want to run 3 or 4 cards... but then again I don't think I will ever use more than 2 as the scaling peters out costing more for less gains!

:rolleyes: Last I checked, my 8800 blows hot air OUT of my case..

Actually unless you modified it it blows about 2/3rds of the hot air back into your case through those stupid slits in the cooler near the back end. The rest it blows out the backplate...

Actually unless you modified it it blows about 2/3rds of the hot air back into your case through those stupid slits in the cooler near the back end. The rest it blows out the backplate...

QFT. I taped over the holes with gaffer tape. GPU temps rose by 11c, but CPU temps decreased by like, 9c...

Regardless of how many and what type of power connector it uses, hopefully it comes with adapters.

lol that thing is freaking huge.. i have a feeling that thing is a heater lol..

3281325198.jpg

I just googled it and i saw these pics and was like wtf those things are huge and sexy so i guess they can be refered as " Big Sexy"

Back