First post on my new SN25P

GaleForce

Gawd
This thing is really awesome... it came today like 8 hours earlier than it should have and I found myself with some free time (instead of waiting until the weekend) to put it together. Its a huge difference coming from a CM Stacker (talk about big cases) with a watercooled processor and graphics card and a ton of fans to this thing. The biggest difference aside from the obvious size difference is how quiet this thing is. I'm not sure what good temps are for this box, and if anyone knows I would appreciate a range I should be in, but it has been performing flawlessly in the games I've tried with every setting maxxed out.

It was pretty easy to assemble, bar a few minor things that I didn't like. It took me like 10 mins to figure out how to detach the ICE duct from the motherboard, and when I did I snapped off the two small tabs on the top (I pulled it horizontally instead of vertically, the entire duct). I don't really care though because its still secure and snug on the motherboard. I also didn't like how they routed the cables because none of them reached the drives so I had to unhook them from the neat cable management things. My finaly gripe was that they didn't include an extra molex for a graphics card (I squeezed in a 7800 GTX) so I had to use the molex/switch combo thing that comes with a cathode inverter to make the cable long enough to reach the card.

Other than that, the system is awesome. Does anyone know what is a good temp range? Thanks.

I have the SN25P and love it too.

The temps get kind of high when running it so quite. I use speedfan which helps keep the hard drives a little cooler. Are you familar with speedfan?

If you don't run speedfan, I'd run it at medium. Or high if you are gaming.

congrats man! i recently just built a machine from the SN25P (sig) and am really digging it. it's terribly fast with the 2GB ram and 7800gtx.

i use the built in SmartFan feature instead of speedfan and it seems to be working great. the fans speed up a little during long gaming sessions and then spin right back down as soon as i quit. i've had no problems at all so far.

How do I use SmartFan? Do I need to turn it on in the bios? Also, I was just curious, but when I installed my harddrive the rubber things I had were square instead of the circle shown in the pictures, and I don't really see what they do as they're just sitting on top of the drive.

smartfan should be enabled by default in the BIOS, but you should check it to make sure. you can also set fan speed manually in the BIOS, but i haven't needed to do that because SmartFan seems to actually be smart enough increase the RPM's when the machine gets hotter. imagine that.

Alright, thanks for the info, I checked the BIOS and it was on. It also told me my CPU was at about 42C. Is this a good temp or too hot?

GaleForce said:
I thought it automatically increases fan speeds as necessary?

Yes, smartfan (in the bios) will adjust your fans, but a lot of people that have the SN25P like speedfan better. Go to this link to find out more about it.

http://forums.sudhian.com/messageview.aspx?catid=43&threadid=80646&enterthread=y

Once you load a good config file in speedfan, your system will run cooler and last longer because it won't be running as hot. Your system may sound like it is really quite with smartfan but do you know how hot things are really getting?

How hot are your HDs getting? Mine were getting very warm with smartfan. With speedfan I can run the rear 60mm fans more to help keep the HDs a little cooler. Yeah, it's a little louder, but it isn't noticed that much above the gun fire and explosions in BF2 anyway.

GaleForce said:
How can I check HD temps? I don't think they have a sensor.

Using speedfan will allow you to read your HD temps. If you don't want to use it to control your fans, I think you can still use it to monitor you temps and fan speeds.

Back