First time ever doing cable management( Antec 900)

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
This is the first time I have ever done cable management and actually used the cover, I know down at the bottom the PSU cables look bad but the rest of the case is looking pretty good and this is 1000X better than what all my previous builds have looked like, most of the cables were hanging out of the case and I could not even use the cover if I wanted to.

First time I have ever routed the cables to the back side and all that, also I think my SSD zip tie mounting came out pretty damn good.

So go ahead and laugh but remember I actually did cable management and it looks 1000X better than any build I have done before lol.

img4428u.jpg

img4429w.jpg

img4432x.jpg

The PSU cables at the bottom are a clusterfuck, but aside from that it's looking pretty decent.

Yeah but way better than before, no way I would even post pics of what it use to look like lol.

zip tie that rat nest of extra cables up in the drive bay area, it will look much better if you have just one cable cluster going into that area. the 'ball-o-cable' catches my attetion like a street light collecting moths. moving the cable mess forward at the bottom will simply make the whole interior look better.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Tie the power supply cables at the bottom with a zip tie into a neat bundle and up against the wall of the motherboard tray. Route the power cables to come out from behind the drive bay area instead of being upfront like you have it now.

you can also tuck extra length of sata cables etc under the bottom drive bay, and definately tie up those cables running from the PSU...

I found that my 900 was also a major fuckup when it came to wire management.
SOO many cons:
1. lack of depth between mounting back for the mobo standoffs and the rear panel made it impossible to fit anything larger than a well-positioned molex cable
2. lack of divider between PSU and mobo = nowhere to hide cables, esp. when the window reveals the PSU area.
3. 8-pin cable is NEVER long enough to route underneath the mobo/behind the mobo plate--mine barely reached the upper left corner of my 6/780i mobos, even having it interesecting over all my expansion cards. if only Antec included some extension cables. I'm working in a full tower Gigabyte Mercury, and this time, the PCI-E 6 pin cables aren't long enough to hide, but they're the only cables I have sticking out. This time I'm going to solder myself some custom wires.

4. Impossible to mount HDs backwards unless you bought special bays/gave up fan cooling

The list goes on and on--I'm surprised you got that good of a look with a non-modular PSU. I noticed the 24-pin hole. Was that stock in the new 900s? And nice job on the SSD--I was wondering why there were SATA plugs sticking out vertically. How did you mount it inside the case? Duct tape?

Back