First time H2O, does the loop look OK?

Greetings all,

I decided to start playing with water recently, (low end TT system with a few additions/subtractions,) and before I got to far I figured I'd head here to make sure I've got the initial setup right before I go too nuts... let me know if this looks OK or if I've fot thigs rolling in the wrong direction.

Thanks!

This is a 'custom' fill port I decided to try out, didn't want to go with the standard bay res because well I'm using the bays up with HDD's, (it's intended to be a server of sorts,) I just haven't figured out what yet.
HAL_10.jpg

First pass on a paint job for the Rad and the waterblock, (hated the look/design of the TT waterblock so I went with this Koolance block,) it's going to go on an Athlon64 chip. Eventually the case/water setup is going into a mod; the water system was actually intended for another build but it's taking me longer to get the other build off the ground.
HAL_6.jpg

These are a couple of shots of the whole loop, currently only the CPU in the loop, I was going to include the chipset as well but the DIY block I picked up cracked so that got left out of the mix.
HAL_5.jpg

HAL_2.jpg

This is a shot of the pump and the 'T' setup I'm using, (its actually a Koolance drainport,) but it seems to work thus far for what I'm using it for.
HAL_4.jpg

Thanks for any input.

I swear, ever since I got this Rocketfish case, it seems like everyone has one now. :)

Looks good. Though I think that drain port or (t- fitting) is going to hurt your flow rate. Then again, this is a Thermaltake W/C kit. :rolleyes:

I swear, ever since I got this Rocketfish case, it seems like everyone has one now. :)

Looks good. Though I think that drain port or (t- fitting) is going to hurt your flow rate. Then again, this is a Thermaltake W/C kit. :rolleyes:

What would you use as a way to fill the loop if not for a 'T'?

and Yea the rocketfish is a monster, i plan on seeing how many drives I can slap in there, currently have 2 bay converters turning the 6 5.25 bays into 8 HDD bays.

You could try your fill port or buy a reservoir.

I'm trying to aviod the rez mainly because I don't have the room for the res I have and from what I've seen they really don't do much beyond helping th fill the system.

With a fill port wouldn't you need to have a T or a Y line in there anyways?

You could easily mount a Swiftech Microres on the side support with a couple of zip ties. They are very small and help keep the system filled nicely. Only cost 20 bucks.

You could also use a Danger Den fill-port res at the top of the case. You would have to drill into the case if you wanted access without having to open the case.

dd8c7b3bed9c2d1314f532d0fef53899.jpg

These is the best way to have it setup :)
I would suggest a T-Line to your fill/drain port.

WAY too crowded IMHO

That is the best setup for one water Block in a mid-tower case.
Only thing I would change is move the fan & radiator outside of the case and do a push pull :)
Other then that, it is prefect T-line setup.

Back