fitting a GTX 280

myren

Limp Gawd
I havent started looking at specific cases, but I'm interested to hear whether most SFF cases would be able to fit a nearly 11" GTX 280 or a similar nearly 11" ATI 4870 X2.

I was able to get one to fit in my Shuttle with only minor mods to case cover and chasis ;)

It should fit in most SFF systems that could fit an 8800GTX (without mods) as it's the same length. From my own experience it will fit SG03, X/Qpack and SG01 (sans HD bay)

G35_280-1.jpg

There is also a new model of the SG01 that has the hard drive bay pointing in the opposite direction and a little different. It should fit in that one as well but I am by no means positive on that one.

I been meaning to ask why did you use an external slim dvd burner? Is there something you hidden in the 5.25" bay?

He has a secondary power supply in the 5.25" bay since the 300W PSU in the Sg33g5 isn't gonna handle a GTX 280 by itself.

I was able to get one to fit in my Shuttle with only minor mods to case cover and chasis ;)

It should fit in most SFF systems that could fit an 8800GTX (without mods) as it's the same length. From my own experience it will fit SG03, X/Qpack and SG01 (sans HD bay)

G35_280-1.jpg

hi dworley where did you get that external dvdrw from please?

Back