Fixing a PC Network Card

Ok, I did the dumbest thing ever. After modding my PC for an afternoon, when I rigged everything back together and set the PC down, the antenna had slipped partly under the PC. When I set it down *SNAP*. I was crushed and had to move my PC downstairs and hook up w/ a cat5. I can still get a signal, but I have to be like 5 feet from the router. Is there anyway I can rig something up w/out spending much money or having to buy a new card? Or am I just better off getting a new one. By the way, I have a D-Link card.

What do you mean by a port? The antenna is attached to the PCI card outside the pc. It looks alot like a normal antenna, just w/ a plastic covering.

Don't know, can you? Jesus man, look at it. If the antenna unscrews/detaches then just purchase a replacement dipole (antenna) If it is soldered or unable to be removed, get another card.

monkey_slap said:
What do you mean by a port? The antenna is attached to the PCI card outside the pc. It looks alot like a normal antenna, just w/ a plastic covering.

By a port I meant: Is the antenna soldered on or can it be removed? If it can be removed than just buy a new antenna. Look around here.

Sorry, should have been more clear. :(

Back