flash rescale

Lyquist

2[H]4U
I need to be able to scale a flash website no matter the screen resolution

please respond any suggestions

Doesn't Flash just . . . do that? I've used Flex a couple of times, and setting an Application's width="100%" and height="100%" makes everything resize just wonderfully.

Edit: It'd be helpful if you gave a few more details about what you're trying to do.

Edit2: In Flex, is there a way to do a one line comment? Like // instead of /* comment */. Doing <!-- comment --> is . . . annoying.

Last edited:
Well i thought eclipse had a shortcut for 1 line comments but in a mxml file that might mess up eclipse, it's under one of the drop downs otherwise comment line i think it's called i use it in java all the time real nice.

It's easy to make things resize to the screen resolution, set the widths to 100% on main app, and then your sub ones use sub percent or if you need fixed widths for some specify a width and hte container next to it have 100% width. Then things will resize just fine, that's in relative position, they also have absolute positioning that works by creating snap points, where items snap to objects next to them and it resizes that way. I'd go with relative positioning on everything as it looks like you're really new to this. You'll want to set some min widths on some things so they get scroll bars if they are running 800x600 or lower (some businesses still do this wtf),

well that's my advise post your code if you want more help man.

This is native to Flash simply using percentage widths and heights will accomplish what you are looking for.

Back