Flash video makes video output go crazy

Evil Scooter

[H]F Junkie
I've updated Adobe flash player and am currently running the release 13.12 drivers with no other issues. But sometimes when I play online videos the output does the following:

20140222_075203_zps2acdb822.jpg

This happens with every video in Firefox and only sometimes in Chrome. No issues with IE yet. it's a fairly recent development and I have been on the same WHQL AMD 13.12 drivers since they released. No other software changes. OS Win7 Pro. The system does not crash when this happens and I can still hear the audio playing in the background. The OSD on my keyboard shows the system otherwise functioning normally though I need to use the power button on the case to shut the system down. Any ideas?? I'm stumped.

turn off hardware acceleration by right clicking on the vid in question, the second monitor should still be fine, it does this on mine though I play with my clocks and voltages and it very much is related to these, also know drives have a factor in it. hardware accel is the best suggestion I can give besides trying stock clocks and go from there.

turn off hardware acceleration by right clicking on the vid in question, the second monitor should still be fine, it does this on mine though I play with my clocks and voltages and it very much is related to these, also know drives have a factor in it. hardware accel is the best suggestion I can give besides trying stock clocks and go from there.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had forgotten about the hardware acceleration issues.

Is this only for stand-alone Flash only? Have you tried Chrome with built-in Flash? I have no issue with Chrome with built-in Flash on Windows 8.1 Pro x64 without disabling acceleration.

Is this only for stand-alone Flash only? Have you tried Chrome with built-in Flash? I have no issue with Chrome with built-in Flash on Windows 8.1 Pro x64 without disabling acceleration.

Chrome crashes video as well.. but not every time.

^^^ Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I have the issue fangered out. It looks like the issue was between CCC and MSI Afterburner. I had AB set to start with windows and apply overclock settings. CCC has issues with that and reset overdrive to it's default settings at boot. When I tried to play a video and AB tried to apply the OC clocks... boom... fuzzy screen. So I now have AB set to start with windows but will apply the OC settings manually when I game. CCC Overdrive maintains it's settings at boot this way and clocks down nicely to 300mem and 150 core when I'm browsing, and jumps the clocks without issue when I'm watching videos or doing anything that requires a bit more GPU. This seems to have fixed my issue completely across Chrome and Firefox.

yeh I noticed that as well, on a reboot the clocks I set in AB do not kick in, and when I set an OC with AB it will not go back to 150/300 it goes 150/150 at full voltage, I just manually set low clocks for my 7870 to 535/650 @.925 volts and can game and everything on it perfectly fine and temps remain lower then even the low clocks stock will get go figure, default does not properly reset it either only a full reboot will, if I recall Trixx did allow proper low clocks if set to default but it seemed not as stable or able to hit same low volts/clocks that I can get with AB :(

Back