Flashlight mod + extras

FYI steel chicken, you can't beat the game with ungibbable mod on. Remove the ai_monster_base script file and edit the burnaway number in all the demons .def files if you want to keep them around longer. Just don't set the imps and maggots burnaway time too high.

BTW, I made a little mod as well. I replaced those god awful pinky and zombie commando sounds with the ones that were in that *eariler* version of doom3. It seriously made a difference on the scary effect with those 2 monsters.
Shame that I really can't release it.....

ungibbable == monster doesn't burn away or turn into a bloody pile of goo after being shot/exploded a lot.

PsySabreW said:
FYI steel chicken, you can't beat the game with ungibbable mod on. Remove the ai_monster_base script file and edit the burnaway number in all the demons .def files if you want to keep them around longer. Just don't set the imps and maggots burnaway time too high.

BTW, I made a little mod as well. I replaced those god awful pinky and zombie commando sounds with the ones that were in that *eariler* version of doom3. It seriously made a difference on the scary effect with those 2 monsters.
Shame that I really can't release it.....

didnot know that, thanks for the heads up

yeah i was thinking of using old sounds too...I esp like the old plasma gun and chain gun sounds, LOL

so there is an ungibbable mod? i really want that man, could someone point me in the direction of it?

-warsaw

Is it possible to have the true semi-auto on the pistol, and not have a flash light on any of the guns?

Download the version in my posts, it doesn't have flashlights. In fact, I made the basic flashlight dimmer =P

Tsu

working on trying to make a flare
has some issues but so far so good, need to figure out how to mount a pointlight and change the particle to something more...flareish

doom3 2004-08-09 04-00-23-81.jpg

doom3 2004-08-09 04-08-52-12.jpg

doom3 2004-08-09 04-17-17-31.jpg

hmm... i've been out for a whole weekend, so i don't know if you guys have noticied this already, but from the original script you need to add an "UpdateLightIntensity()" in the "ExitCinematic()" method for each weapon so it turns it on after the cinematics.

EDIT: turns the flashlight back on, i mean.

also, to give weapons kickback, you just up the mass of the projectile, and it'll calculate it in just fine? that's awesome, going to do that and get the interrupt reload thing working on my own versions while i'm at it.

and finally, i don't see what you would bind (in the files from the compiled mod on page 6) to turn on/off flashlight; weapon_flashlight::ToggleOnOff() ?

looks like you're doing some nifty stuff here. I can't wait to see what kind of stuff people come up with for this game.

Hey Ruffy, can you post a link to the flare? I'd love to try that out.

PS, I update the copy of the mod linked in my above post occasionally. Recently I reduced damage on the weapons to compensate for the increased accuracy.

Tsumari

Those last pics of the flare are awesome (although they aren't exactly realistic). It's like some sort of napalm spouting flare. Will it damage enemies as well? Does the flare substitute the grenades or is it just an add-on? I'd prefer it as an add-on so I can keep the grenades.

Guys, I'm loving the mods so far. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Sobek said:
Those last pics of the flare are awesome (although they aren't exactly realistic). It's like some sort of napalm spouting flare. Will it damage enemies as well? Does the flare substitute the grenades or is it just an add-on? I'd prefer it as an add-on so I can keep the grenades.

Guys, I'm loving the mods so far. Thanks and keep up the good work.

addon
currently the flare doesnt hurt anything, although I can make it easily hurt things upon impact/contact. I need to play with particles to make it more realistic. Still needs tweaks. Might release it tonite.

I made some movies of the Flashlight mod/Hardmod. Enjoy.

Low Quality Xvid (10MB)

High Quality Xvid (20MB)

Here are some things to look for in the videos if you miss them:

-Pistol is not locked into a set rate of fire, fires as fast as you can click
-Weapons switchable mid reload
-Enemies get knocked back further with the shotty (this is physics only, does not affect damage)
Machinegun and Chaingun have faster rates of fire
Plasmagun projectiles cast light (off by default)

I also modded the chaingun GUI but it doesn't render it when you run avidemo. It doesn't show up in the video clips I have linked but it does show up in the game.

Chaingun holds 120 rounds/mag and I fixed the GUI to show 3 digits:
cg_counter.jpg

Get the mod here:

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/sjzhang/files/Hardmod0.3a.zip

I can't thank you guys enough!! Doom is now WAY more fun w/o having to constantly go to the flashlight. The weapon tweaking is great too, especially the shotty. I can confirm, though, that it hoses your quicksaves, putting you back to the beginning of the level when you first copy over the mod file. Luckily I had just started a new level and didn't lose any progress. Thanks again!!! :D

someone give me a place to upload my mod too.

Currently im away from home and this computer will NOT play doom 3. So I cant really test it. If it works it works, if not oh well.

I have received a few suggestions for this mod, I will be working on them when I can. computer was down all yesterday on account of my w/c system going to the shitter and me getting angry enough to just rip it out and replace it with a SK-7 and quiet fan :rolleyes:

hey, i want to get the updated file on this page simply for the ability to quickswitch during the reload. i mean its annoyingthat i press the button, wait for him to switch then the gun switches as i finish reloading. especially wen them damn spiders and 2 headed beats are around.

now since the only one i have downloaded so far is sha's from page 5, im goin to assume this mod listed under his vid (nice work by the way) is gonna be the same for how the guns fire etc right? i liek how they fire in terms of power (in flashmod 1.1 or whatnot) and hte size of the flashlights since i still have to use my reg flashlight.

jsut want the quick switch and sure, i'll take the updated chain gun gui.

yeh, remove the old installations, and put whats in that zip file in a directory under your DOOM3 directory, NOT base, as in /Doom3/Hardmod . That lets you activate it under the mod menu :)

I've been using the flamethrower weapon mod found in this post and it has been fun although the gas runs out really fast. Maybe you guys could add it to the [H]ardMod with a few extra tweaks (like more gas, or at least so it doesn't use it up as fast). Just don't add a flashflight since it really doesn't need it.

Ruffy, are you going to use the fire or white light version of the flare? The fire one was cool but I like the white light version more since it seems more realistic and seemed to illuminate better.

Sobek said:
I've been using the flamethrower weapon mod found in this post and it has been fun although the gas runs out really fast. Maybe you guys could add it to the [H]ardMod with a few extra tweaks (like more gas, or at least so it doesn't use it up as fast). Just don't add a flashflight since it really doesn't need it.

I'm not familiar with it, what does it use for ammo?

A new version is on the way. Alt-fire modes are on the way, yay! I just need some ideas for what theyll do...and I'm also having an ass of a time getting an alt-fire command.

Kronchev - burst fire would be great for an alternate mode for the pistol.

For the assault rifle, prolly a grenade launcher. Maybe a silencer if not that.

Plasma gun - maybe a slower firing mode with splash damage?

Also, here is a message I received via email that I will be working on tonight:

---------------

Nice d3 mod work. I play with auto-reload off. is there any way you can add a "Clicking Sound" when your clip is empty? Shotgun has it, but pistol, machine & chaingun have no emply clip sound

Chaingun would sound nice on an empty clip, the whirling click sound when 1st engaging fire

-----------------

One more thing. I will put together a weapon hotswap mod without any other balance changes tomorrow for you guys that wanted just that part.

Tsu'

kronchev said:
I'm not familiar with it, what does it use for ammo?

It uses the model for the plasma gun so the reload animation is the same. It just shoots fire. The flamethrower doesn't set the enemies on fire so that they are running around blazing, it just kills them really fast but expends the gas equally as fast. It hold 100 ammo. It doesn't show up in your inventory at the bottom right but it is right after the flashlight. It's really useful against several imps and the spiders in Alpha Labs 2 (that's as far as I've gotten).

Just dl the file and try it out. You'll have to rename it if you have the [H] mod though.

Edit: Here are some pics of the flamethrower.

This one I fired a burst and then went to the side to show you how far it shoots.

flamethrower resized.jpg

This one I was getting my ass handed to me by the Spider queen so I roasted her ass.
Check out my health!

roasting spider queen resized.jpg

Tsumari said:
Kronchev - burst fire would be great for an alternate mode for the pistol.

For the assault rifle, prolly a grenade launcher. Maybe a silencer if not that.

Plasma gun - maybe a slower firing mode with splash damage?

Also, here is a message I received via email that I will be working on tonight:

---------------

Nice d3 mod work. I play with auto-reload off. is there any way you can add a "Clicking Sound" when your clip is empty? Shotgun has it, but pistol, machine & chaingun have no emply clip sound

Chaingun would sound nice on an empty clip, the whirling click sound when 1st engaging fire

-----------------

One more thing. I will put together a weapon hotswap mod without any other balance changes tomorrow for you guys that wanted just that part.

Tsu'[/QUOTE

yeh I got the same suggestion. right now I'm trying to figure out how to use different damn sounds. There ARE empty sounds for the pistol, and one for the machinegun already in the PAK files, but theyre not being loaded. Gotta work on that.

Right now I'm having a shitty time trying to get alt-fire to work. right now I cant even figure out how REGULAR fire is being called. I cant even map it to an impulse at this point, which was what I did for my quake mods. I dunno, any info is invaluable from anyone.

Even tho this is done in another mod how about adding in a non-superball grenades into this mod. Having them bouce like the old grenade launcher grenades from quake 1 would probably be the best way.
I also recommend setting the fuse to 4 or 5 to since it goes off too quickly and setting the velocity to 400 since he throws the grenades like a little girl.

PsySabreW said:
Even tho this is done in another mod how about adding in a non-superball grenades into this mod. Having them bouce like the old grenade launcher grenades from quake 1 would probably be the best way.
I also recommend setting the fuse to 4 or 5 to since it goes off too quickly and setting the velocity to 400 since he throws the grenades like a little girl.

you mean having them just clunk out, unless you jump-shoot at the ground? very possible, just needs some fudging around

Back