Flexiglow Cyber Snipa Gamepad

dynamiks

Weaksauce
IMAGE006.jpg

I don't know if anyone is interested in Gamepad's for the PC, but until I saw this today, I never thought highly of any of them. This Cyber Snipa changed my mind. The layout on this gamepad is excellent in my opinion, and would work wonders for FPS Gaming. I just ordered myself one for $33.95 shipped @ Overstock.com

Check out this review @ ClubOC
Cyber Snipa Gamepad Review

Thats not a bad looking controller. I've been searching for a good one for awhile now. Depending on how the keys feel, that one could be a hit. I would like to see the keys in a better layout, arced around your hand.

I have this waiting for my return home next week: http://www.wolfclaw.com.sg/ . I'm looking forward to checking it out.

That wolfclaw keyboard isn't too bad, but my lateral desktop realestate is lacking. Given the absence of a keypad helps, it still apears substantially longer than a typical keyboard. If I could get a controller similar to the game specific layout on the left as a peripheral, that would be fantastic. It would allow me to push my keyboard forward and out of the way, and give me tons of room for mouse movement.

Shadowspawn said:
Thats not a bad looking controller. I've been searching for a good one for awhile now. Depending on how the keys feel, that one could be a hit. I would like to see the keys in a better layout, arced around your hand.

I have this waiting for my return home next week: http://www.wolfclaw.com.sg/ . I'm looking forward to checking it out.

That Wolf Claw keyboard, I don't like too much. First of all I don't like the fact the keypad is attached to the keyboard. Thats the one thing I don't like about mose of these game pads. I think they need to be completely seperate from the keyboard. Because most people are already happy with their current keyboard for normal use, but then prefer something that is better laid out for gaming. They do not need to replace there whole keyboard just to have a better game pad. That is why I really like the Cyber Snipa. I think its the best implementation of a Game pad to date. The arched controlls on the Wolf Claw aren't my style, I definately prefer the Cyber Snipa. I can't wait till it comes so I can see how well it works. I hope its as good as im hoping.

See, for me it makes more sense to combine the keyboard and controller. I don't use the number pad or special keypad (del, ins, home, etc) on a keyboard, but I need the keyboard to be there for typing in the console, typing to people that aren't on voice comm's, etc. The Wolf Claw's footprint is smaller than that of the Snipa and a normal keyboard combined because you don't have the number pad, arrow pad and special keypad off to the side.

The Cyber Snipa looks nice. I have a Belkin n52, it's decent. The keys on the n52 are a little "mushy", but it's not uncomfortable. The layout of the Cyber Snipa looks much more gaming friendly. I like the different modes of th n52 though.

Belkin n52 is ahead of the game as far as programability. Full Chording layout for nostromo

Seeing a device on Overstock makes you wonder how good it actualy is. Not that I havent bought anything from them, but I also have never seen this Cyber Snipa thing before.

The Ergodex looks interesting, but I hear the programibility is still not as good a Belkins.
Ergodex

Heres some crazy stuff too..
Infogrip
Fingerworks

I honestly can't see the point in that since it is a keyboard replacement and the keys are in very similary places. I'm sure it would be comfortable and all but not for >$30. My keyboard cost $3.99, lol.

I got one only b/c my desktop space is at premium and since I have to use my keyboard to game on the desktop as opposed to the keyboard tray (as far as confort). With this, it takes up less room and I'll get a LOT more of my desktop back for eating during gaming.

gj on the overstock.com link, I love those guys and their $1 shipping.

It looks very very very uncomfortable. The keys look like hard rubber instead of actual plastic keyboard keys.

S1nF1xx said:
It looks very very very uncomfortable. The keys look like hard rubber instead of actual plastic keyboard keys.

Looks can be deceiving, the keys are plastic (like keyboard keys). It is actually quite comfortable for people with large hands (such as myself) as the directional keys are elongated. The only downside is that you have to go back to a keyboard if you wanna type anything in (like messaging), but I use a mic for that or bind messages to a key.

I have ONLY used a keyboard and mouse for gaming since Doom 1, and can honestly say IMHO this makes long term gaming sessions a lot more bearable and I've had mine for only week and it makes a difference for me (in terms of comfort).

Most definetely a keeper for me and my "man-hands", but as with everything, its not for everyone.

Back