Flight sim sale on Steam

I picked it up. Haven't played a decent flight sim in a while so $5 was too tough to pass up.

I picked up Flaming Cliffs 3. Now I just have to get my joystick back in working order.

I had to try this. I wanted to try the Warthog sim once but the direction manual was like War and Peace

I had to try this. I wanted to try the Warthog sim once but the direction manual was like War and Peace

The DCS: A-10 Warthog DLC is the full on simulator
The A-10A for DCS World is more of a take off and fly sim.

Same goes for the other duplicate flight sims of theirs. The ones for DCS World are user friendly while the straight up DCS titles are full on sims. If I'm not mistaken though the full on sims can also be treated like the DCS World counterparts via settings in options or something.

The exception to this rule is FC3:

"DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 is the next evolution of the Flaming Cliffs series that operates with DCS World. FC3 features the F-15C, A-10A, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, MiG-29S and Su-25. The FC3 aircraft provide an easy learning curve for new players and focuses on a broad range of aircraft rather than a detailed single aircraft"

Sure someone will chime in that knows more. I've had several of them for a while now and haven't touched any of them. LOL Got so many damn games (600+) in my back log. MWO has taken most of my time since closed beta. (Mainly because I grew up on the IP and I've invested a ton of coin into packs) More recently I've finally invested a nice amount of time in BF4. That's about all I've played lately. :-( Oh about 30 minutes of Titanfall a few weeks back.

Last edited:
The DCS: A-10 Warthog DLC is the full on simulator
The A-10A for DCS World is more of a take off and fly sim.

Same goes for the other duplicate flight sims of theirs. The ones for DCS World are user friendly while the straight up DCS titles are full on sims. If I'm not mistaken though the full on sims can also be treated like the DCS World counterparts via settings in options or something.

The exception to this rule is FC3:

"DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 is the next evolution of the Flaming Cliffs series that operates with DCS World. FC3 features the F-15C, A-10A, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, MiG-29S and Su-25. The FC3 aircraft provide an easy learning curve for new players and focuses on a broad range of aircraft rather than a detailed single aircraft"

Sure someone will chime in that knows more. I've had several of them for a while now and haven't touched any of them. LOL Got so many damn games (600+) in my back log. MWO has taken most of my time since closed beta. (Mainly because I grew up on the IP and I've invested a ton of coin into packs) More recently I've finally invested a nice amount of time in BF4. That's about all I've played lately. :-( Oh about 30 minutes of Titanfall a few weeks back.

Pretty much what you want is Flaming Cliffs 3. It comes with all the LOMAC/'Flaming Cliff" planes in one package. You can buy four of them separately, but the only way to get the Su-33 and MIG-29 is to get FC3. As those two planes will likely never get a new flight model, they will likely never be sold standalone. Which is fine, because FC3 is a far better deal price wise anyways.

The FC3 planes are difficult but not too hard. The F-15C is the best to start with because it is so easy to fly.

I wouldn't recommend the full study sim modules unless you are really up for a challenge. I hardly play those modules myself and never bothered to learn them fully. The MIG-21 isn't too bad though. If you spawn in the air, there are really only a few switches you need to frequently access.

Back