flight simulator X anyone else playing it?

YeuEmMaiMai

Extremely [H]
What is the best addon for that game? I was looking at the 747 Queen of the skys addon...any others?

Its mere coincidence, but every time I install it on my computer, something catastrophic happens to it and I need to do a clean install, and I almost never put it back on again for a long time, lol.

I don't own the game, but from what I read it says you must install SP1 first, then install SP2. It also says if you have the expansion that you do not need to install either SP's. Also from the description it sounds like the DX10 stuff is really for Vista only (I know how dumb that sounds). Maybe the game needs to be ran in Vista compatibility mode?

Not sure if this will help with issues.

I don't own the game, but from what I read it says you must install SP1 first, then install SP2. It also says if you have the expansion that you do not need to install either SP's. Also from the description it sounds like the DX10 stuff is really for Vista only (I know how dumb that sounds). Maybe the game needs to be ran in Vista compatibility mode?

Not sure if this will help with issues.

The DX10 patch works on vista and up.

But it has many graphic issues that AFAIK were never adressed.

I love FSX. it is probably the one title that to me defines the flight sim genre. I cant speak to pay addons, I only use free ones. I recently found an SR-71 addon that I like a lot, since I've always wanted to fly one. I'm still looking for a working, free Concorde add-on.

I love FSX. it is probably the one title that to me defines the flight sim genre. I cant speak to pay addons, I only use free ones. I recently found an SR-71 addon that I like a lot, since I've always wanted to fly one. I'm still looking for a working, free Concorde add-on.

Care to share links?

I play FSX a lot and have probably like $400 worth of add ons, purchased over the last 3 years or so. My favorite is the PMDG MD-11:

2010-12-6_22-39-19-364.jpg

What is the best addon for that game? I was looking at the 747 Queen of the skys addon...any others?

I have the Aerosoft F-16.

I've never flown a real F-16, so I have no idea how true to life it is, but it's pretty exquisitely detailed, and I think pretty fun.

The DX10 patch works on vista and up.

But it has many graphic issues that AFAIK were never adressed.

the only issue I have is switching in and out of the game in Windows CP 8. Other than that..

I've probably put more hours into FSX than any other game that I own.

I've got a US Terrain addon as well as FSPassengersX which has completely changed the whole game for me.

There was an A2A simulations addon that I had just found and will buy soon: Accu-feel - Global FSX Enhancement

I don't do much heavy flying. For light aircraft, the freeware Long Island Classics Christen Eagle is awesome as are the RealAir packages. These have some of the better flight models out there as well. The Spitfire and the SF-260 are my favorites. They also have a Citabria/Decathlon/Scout package and while these are great fun for backcountry flying and aerobatics - though the flight models are not as realistic as RealAir usually produces.

As far as avionics, anything from RealityXP is going to be awesome.

Back