For a Gamer, ive narrowed it down to 2 LCD's

dwilson041781

[H]ard|Gawd
Let me first say, any positive feedback is much appreciated.
please give some form of info why u think i should choose one over the other.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat81200050032&id=1149205183966
Samsung SyncMaster 19" Flat-Panel TFT-LCD Monitor
Model: 940BW
Ultrafast 4 ms response time
500:1 contrast ratio; 300 cd/m² brightness
1440 x 900 resolution

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat81200050032&id=1149206843492
LG Flatron 19" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor
Model: L194WT
Ultrafast 5 ms response time
2000:1 contrast ratio; 300 cd/m² brightness
1440 x 900 maximum resolution; 160° horizontal and vertical viewing angles

i know all the hype about the LG but is it LEGIT?

and before anyone suggest i know if i really want the best i should stick with CRT for gaming. but no reason i cant keep my current CRT.(for competitive reasons)

Looks like your getting a display from Best Buy so this would be my recommendation dont let the picture fool you they use the same picture as the 931BW that you are looking at for this model ..... google a actual picture of this display it looks awesome it has chrom strip at the bottom and the base and bezel have that balck gloss shiney look like the sony displays have it looks great and the specs are way better, 2ms as opposed to a 4ms and it has a 2000:1 contrast ratio as opposed to the others 500:1 contrast ratio....a few bucks more for faster responce and way better contrast ratio and not to mention this one looks a MILLION times cooler than the the other one you are thinking about.....go with this one if the others are your choices i bet you just missed this one....go check it out at the store you will be sold and Samsung Syncmaster are DAMN good displays in my opinion with especially with there magic brite and magic color settings they are killer....had a syncmaster for years and its never failed me....check it out!!! ....get back to me if you have any questions!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...aster&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1149205183814

It killing me i wanted to post a picture of what this really looks like and i cant find it....just take my word for it when you search for this display and is shows a picture its not how it looks....thei one have a silver strip at the bottom of the bezel by the buttons, and its is GLOSSY all around the front bezel and half the base....it looks killer.....go try and find one at best buy and see how it looks the specs speak fpr themselves but the looks are pretty dang sweet.....hope this helped...

But if you dont want this one and you are looking at the 2 from your original post my opinion would be of course to go with the Samsung....it has never failed me before as long as i had it......the only reason i sold was to get a way bigger and more expensive Dell 24" widescreen......but i sold the samsung to my parents in complete confidence that they will use it for many more years to come!

yea im actually gonna look at final few in-store and buy with insurance stuff, not sure that i need insurance considering most have 3 year warrantys to begin with, hmm.

the 1 u linked to is hella nice, im kinda sold on it with 2000:1 and the 2ms time, only thing is, am i missing out by having max size 1280x1024?

i think i found a pic of one your referring to: http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=SAM-940BF&c=pw#

but im guessing thats what it looks like even though model number is not 931bf.

I would go with the Samsung, most people who have ownd any Samsung will rave about them. The screen coating Anti_Refective on the Samsung with give you more of a 3D image while the LG will tend to show a tad more grain in the image. The Samsung should be $30-$50 cheaper and all though personal preffence I fell the Samsung is WAY better looking, the 940BW has a incredibly small bezel. If you go for the LG you could just spend $20 more online and get a 1680x1050 lcd if your vid card can produce decent frame rates on it. At 1440x900 don't spen more than $200 because they can be had online for $160-$200 everyday and the Samsung being one of if not the best of those.

rrhomes said:
I would go with the Samsung, most people who have ownd any Samsung will rave about them. The screen coating Anti_Refective on the Samsung with give you more of a 3D image while the LG will tend to show a tad more grain in the image. The Samsung should be $30-$50 cheaper and all though personal preffence I fell the Samsung is WAY better looking, the 940BW has a incredibly small bezel. If you go for the LG you could just spend $20 more online and get a 1680x1050 lcd if your vid card can produce decent frame rates on it. At 1440x900 don't spen more than $200 because they can be had online for $160-$200 everyday and the Samsung being one of if not the best of those.

ok with my current x850pro flashed to xt speeds heres some info direct from ati.(lets just say x850pro i suppose)
http://www.ati.com/products/radeonx850/specs.html
2D DISPLAY MODES
Resolutions, colors and maximum refresh rates (Hz) in 256, 65K or 16.7M colors Monitor Resolution Hz
640x480200
800x600 200
1024x768 200
1152x864 200
1280x1024 160
1600x1200 120
1920x1080** 16:9 120
1920x1200 100
1920x1440 90
2048x1536 85

MAXIMUM 3D RESOLUTIONS
65K colors 2048x1536
16.7M colors 2048x1536

so im wondering will my card be able to push a 19" or 19"widescreen?

and as far as the 1680x1050 can my card push that in games n what not?(jus curious)

and as far as the 1440x900 your saying i can find a samsung online with that Res. for $200?, jus wanted to clear some things up. thanx again. -dav333

don;'t get the 19 inch LG i bought it at bestbuy and had it for a week
before i got the 20.1" LG .
basically with the 19inch the thing that sucks is colors are not right flesh tones on dvds
look F*** but you won't get any ghosting and the contrast is ok
i don't like the resolution of the 19inch widescreens
its not high enough i would suggest get a 4:3 19inch or get a 20" there is a big diffrence between 19 and 20 wide i dunno why its only one inch but it does the pictures on the 19inc lg were alot grainer and really pixelated for soemr eason
where i don't have that problem with my L204WT

thinking of getting that one and sacrifice the widescreen option, specs are OUTSTANDING. 2ms, 2000:1 all for about $270, anyone think if i get from bestbuy or anywhere else i should worry about buying stores warranty crap?, i mean it already has a manf. warranty.

Yes your card will run the native res very easily. I have a x800 xl (slower than your card) and it allows me to play most if not all games at native res.

Also don't worry about the size complaints. I went from a 19" crt to a 19"WS and have no complaints at all.

As for what monitor to get, get the Samsung 940bw, you will not be disappointed. I am completely happy with mine and play a lot of CS:S and have not noticed any ghosting what so ever. It is awesome, it has good colors and good blacks (as far as I can tell). You should just wait for best buy to put it on sale. I was able to grab mine for 199.99. Also the samsung also comes with a dvi cable so you don't need to purchase one (saves u about 20 bucks) while i do not believe the LG comes with it.

yea i widescreen is sweet its just more natural viewing

anyways i would stay away from that 930BF i know the specs look great but ive heard alot of people have had problems with it i guess it gives off a redish tint when you switch it into diffrent modes and stuff if i were you get the 940 samsung that seems to be your best choice i guess

yeah we have a 930B at work and i wasnt impressed with it, im a technician at work so i play with the shit all day long, idd go with the 20'' widescreen, games are MUCH easyer to see

Best buy will have the 931bw Samsung 19" widescreen on sale for $129 with no rebates to mess with on Black Friday. That is the crazy day after thanksgiving sale with the long lines, but $129 may be worth it. ;)

rrhomes said:
I would go with the Samsung, most people who have ownd any Samsung will rave about them.

Samsung is mostly mid-to-low end crap. The worst LCD I ever owned (Syncmaster 913n) was from Samsung. Their CRT televisions and monitors always have geometry issues and they are one of the worst offenders when it comes to inflating LCD specs. Now, they do have an extremely high-end range of products if you've got the cash for them, but its always their mid-range crap I see people raving about. The 930BF is no exception.

The LG is superior, but don't believe that 2000:1 contrast ratio. The "Adaptive Color and Contrast Enhancement" is not capable of that kind of performance in a real-world situation. Still, its surely better than the Samsung.

1680x1050 could drop your performance by about 20% VS 1440x900.

Back