For those still looking for a Wii

StorageJoe

Limp Gawd
There have been rumors that Best Buy will be holding Wiis for sale on the 21st. This morning I happened to be walking by the warehouse when the Fedex guy was unloading. I went and talking to him and asked if he had any Wiis on the trunk. He told me he had just delivered to Best Buy. He said that he dropped off 3 cases, and each case had 5 wiis. At this point I look at my watch and realise the Best Buy opens in 10 minutes and I am about 8 mins away. I rush to my car and get over there just as they are opening. I ask someone in Video games if they got in any Wii systems and was told to try Sunday. I proceeded to stick around for a bit and ended up talking to a warehouse employee as he was coming out of the back room. Again I asked if they had gotten any Wii in. He said Fedex hadn't come yet. At this point I told him that I had already talked to the driver and knew that they had 15 systems. At this point he told me that they got controllers in but not systems. Perfect I say, I'd like 3 of them. At this point he said they had already gone out to the floor. Of course there were none out there. Looks like the 21st rumor is true.

Circuit City said:
GAMERS: Wii game systems in stock on 1/21/06 // Vouchers will be handed out on Sunday 1/21/07, 1 hour prior to store’s opening. // Voucher will entitle customer to purchase ONE Wii Game System // One voucher per customer – One Wii allowed per customer // Limited quantities // No rain checks // While supplies last // Minimum 9 per store

Best Buy said:
GAMERS: Wii Gaming System // Model RVLSWC >>>> $249.99 // Minimum 20 per store // No rain checks // Landmines are totally optional // GL ALL!

Target said:
GAMERS: The Wii Gaming System is in the ad this week (Page #6) >>>> $249.99

Looks to be a fun Sunday.

Hopefully this means I will be able to get my hands on one pretty soon, unfortinitly thier is no circut citys, bust buys or targets in my area, but I go into walmart everyday and when I see one on the shelf I'm going to buy.

The warehouse for the DFW CCity's has 711 Wii's being prepped for shipment to the local stores. Although at the moment half of my managers didnt know they were coming, and the other half thinks they are to be sold upon arrival.

I expecct to be able to walk in and get one mid march, till then why do the fight

last weekend in st. louis, (west county mall for those interested)

game stop had a pile (about 10) wii consoles, 20 or so remotes another 20 or so nunchucks.

the reason...phone lines were down from the ice storm, so they wouldn't take credit cards or gift cards.
the guy working refused to manually call it in on his cellphone "the company doesn't pay my cell bill"

i would have picked up a nunchuck and remote, but didn't have the time or inclination to find an atm in the mall.

CC, BB, AND Target, have confirmed ads in this Sunday's paper. So they WILL have Wii's. It's just a question of how many. BB has minimum of 20 listed in the ad. CC has 9 listed as their minimum. No word on Target.

Also, if you manage to be one of the lucky few to nab a Wii at CC, don't forget to bring a $40 of $199 coupon. Wii for $210!

Best Buy in my area will only put the Wiis on the shelf on Sunday, that being said there is always a line there before the store opens and they do the ticket system before the store even opens. So actually being able to walk in and buy one at Best Buy is not possible.

I'd like to add that Walmart has put out an add and they should have some in the 26th, I have to work though so I probably won't get one unless they still have them in the morning. (I'm very doubtfull that they will though)

I got an email from gamestop/eb saying trade in your gamecube for 50 dollars towards a wii from jan. 21-28. I called to see if they would even have any in stock on Sunday (it is going to be a bad snow storm in Lubbock so I wanted to see if I really needed to get out) and they said 'they cannot confirm or deny if they will have any on sunday'.

I will be pissed if I have to drive in ice and they do not have any. I wish he could have told me yes or no on the phone.

Also, if you manage to be one of the lucky few to nab a Wii at CC, don't forget to bring a $40 of $199 coupon. Wii for $210!

As long as it was mailed to you, the only printed out coupons that are valid are ones that are "sometimes" generated from web orders. All others say on them reprints or copies not allowed.

The CCity I work at only got 4 Wii's in, I havent looked at other stores yet though.

Okay confirmed that my best buy is getting 60. Should I go now and camp, or around 3.45ish?

So did anyone actually get one?

I'm definitly going to camp at walmart so I'm thier when they sale them on the 26th, I thought I could wait untill they where readily available on store shelves, but I also thought they would be easy to get ahold of by now, besides I already bought a battery recharger, component cables and a wifi adapter.

So did anyone actually get one?

I'm definitly going to camp at walmart so I'm thier when they sale them on the 26th, I thought I could wait untill they where readily available on store shelves, but I also thought they would be easy to get ahold of by now, besides I already bought a battery recharger, component cables and a wifi adapter.
I got one today. Although it was really my stepdaughter that got it. She has a Sunday paper route, and she got over $500 in Christmas tips (not bad for a ten-year old). She said she wanted to buy the Wii, and when I saw that there were going to be some available today, she said she wanted to give it a shot.

According to the advertisements, Circuit City was going to hand out vouchers approximately one hour before the store was to open. The one near me opens at 10:00, so we left the house at about 8:30.

We arrive at about 8:45, and I told my stepdaughter she could sit in the car while I got out to stand it line. We live in Massachusetts, so it was quite cold out. I got up to the small group of people, and I counted out that I was number eight (there wasn't really a line, just a bunch of people standing around). I figured I could stand in the cold for fifteen minutes, get a voucher, and go sit in the car (or go get some coffee).

Yet Circuit City decided it would be a better idea to not hand out vouchers, or communicate any such decision with the folks that were standing outside waiting. We literally stood there until they opened the doors at 10:00, and by then there were about 20-25 people. We were told to go to customer service to get a Wii, so that's where everyone went

The split us up into two lines, and they did not make any attempt to find out who was first. Just two registers with a pile of seventeen Wii's to share between them. I was fifth in line at the register I was at, which was good because it was taking them a ridiculously long time with the first customer in the other line. I think they finally finished her transaction after selling about three or four in my line. There was one very upset customer in the other line, who was complaining that our line was moving faster. The funny thing is that he was one of the last people there, and probably wouldn't have gotten one even if there was one line.

Overall I'd say it was pretty poorly handled. No vouchers, no attempt to find out who was first, no communication, and the response one of the customers got was "This is how we're doing it, and that's it."

I wouldn't recommend Circuit City for this sort of thing in the future.

EDIT:

I'd also like to had that they had no spare Wiimotes or Nunchucks. Kind of odd that they'd get a shipment of game systems, and no spare accessories. We also checked Target and Wal-Mart, and they had none either.

I got one at CC also today. I arrived at 8am so Id be an hour early for the vouchers that were to be handed out at 9. I sat in my truck since no one else was there. At 8:30 3 more people pulled up and got out of there vehicles. I quickly exited mine and got next to the sign on the door that said "Wii line starts here" I was first in line. This was good because right under the sign for the line there was a sign saying "This store has 2 Wiis" WOW 2 Wiis. Like I said though, ALOT of people were disappointed. Probably about 50 people showed up. CC had NO controllers other than the Classic ones. Oh well I guess. I went across the street to Wal mart and picked up an extra controller. 36.99. The didnt have any nunchucks though. I also bought red steel. So after spending over 300$ I guess I am satisfied.

that's amazing that they would only have 2 wii's available, doesn't the flyer say the will have a min of 20/store?
sounds like some employees are getting dibs

oh and yes I'm still waiting for mine;)

I was able to get a voucher for Target and BB today--both had to be used by 12pm.

I went to target and got in line at 5am, they handed-out vouchers at 7am (only five people showed up).

I have a bunch of gift cards for BB and thought since they don't open until 10am I would go there too. I was about 17th in line (about 50 showed up there) and they received 49 Wii's. Since I had so many gift cards I just bought it at BB--but then I didn't know what to do with the Target voucher.

My girlfriend and I called a whole bunch of people, but with the crappy weather nobody wanted to go get it. We were waiting in line when a girl, about 8-years-old, came up to the line with her Mom and Dad. The BB employee's asked for their voucher but they didn't have one--the girl looked really disappointed. So we just gave them the Target voucher--I just didn't want it to go to some reseller.

My girlfriend and I called a whole bunch of people, but with the crappy weather nobody wanted to go get it. We were waiting in line when a girl, about 8-years-old, came up to the line with her Mom and Dad. The BB employee's asked for their voucher but they didn't have one--the girl looked really disappointed. So we just gave them the Target voucher--I just didn't want it to go to some reseller.

Thats cool.

Sucks about the voucher thing, the one I worked out passed out vouchers 30 min before opening. We also had at least one extra remote, classic contrller, and nunchuck per system. Although some store employee's are less than intelligent.

Right now the shortage on Motes is due to Wiiplay coming out soon, the rest is the ammount of people hunting for this thing and Nintendo not having enough made yet.

I know the warehouse we get ours from still has 200, so those might be coming out later in the week, unless theres another market thats having them advertised in a week.

Yep seems like thier is a shortage of everything wii releated right now... I wonder how long it will last though, they should have 2 million more consoles out by march, I just don't know if that will be enough to satuate demand, and I'm getting tired of waiting, so I'm definitly going to camp out the 25th till I can nab one midnight the 26th.

Went to the Northgate, Seattle Target store around 11pm last night, and slept in the car till around 4am or so when i spotted another person walking down to get into line. He was nice enough to let me go in front of him and he was 2nd. From that time on, the majority of people ranging from 20-40 people came around 5-7am with vouchers being handed out around 730. There were only 26 wii's too that came to the store. Luckily, the store got a decent amount of wiimotes and nunchucks too and figured, what the hell, so i picked up 2 extra wiimotes + nunchucks. There were tons of dissapointed people but they came way late around 6-7am so they ended up going down to the Best Buy 2 floors below us. No idea how many they had but they had a pretty long line going when I left.

overall : very happy with the wii :D the girlfriend loves it too!

Lol nice. I have people coming up to me still asking if we have any left :rolleyes: with demand what it is you cannot expect to come in 6 - 7 hours after opening and get one. AND THE ENDLESS PHONE CALLS. Glad I got mine back on the 13th of Dec :D

Yep seems like thier is a shortage of everything wii releated right now... I wonder how long it will last though, they should have 2 million more consoles out by march, I just don't know if that will be enough to satuate demand, and I'm getting tired of waiting, so I'm definitly going to camp out the 25th till I can nab one midnight the 26th.

just get an Xbox360, while you wait for the wii demand to die.. that's what i did.. now I have na Xbox360 and a wii.. AWESOME combination of gaming systems to have..

I'd just like to say that you're awesome.

Seriously, that was mad cool of you.

Might be a little late, but I saw in the K-Mart ad that came out Friday for Today-Saturday, had Wiis on it, so they may have gotten some too.

I got in line at Target this morning a little too late (7:30am when it opens @ 8:00), but still bought Rayman Rabit Rabbits and Excite Truck. :(

I then drove across the street to BestBuy that opens at 10:00am. I turned out to be 26th in line when they said they had 30. After the two games, console, extra nunchuck & classic controller, I spent about $470 on my sister's b-day gift. Its now downstairs in front of our plasma. :)

Wow, I can't believe how early some of you guys set out to get a Wii.

Me, I set out to the nearest shopping center around 9:20 this morning. I knew that Circuit City would have some, and I figured that Target would have some as well, so I felt confident that I'd get one.

I arrived around 9:50 and headed over to Target. Nothing. They had been cleaned out. I hopped back in my car and started to head over to Circuit City when I noticed the giant yellow Best Buy sign on my left as I was driving. I hadn't even thought about stopping there, but I figured it couldn't hurt to stop if it was on the wait to CC. I pulled over into the BB parking lot and noticed that there were a couple of guys waiting by the door, so I got out and went over to see if they were "the line". Turns out they weren't - they were employees - and I got voucher #36 with instructions to come back in an hour when they opened and pick up my Wii.

I went to Target and browsed through the remaining Wii stuff while I waited. It's kind of funny - while I was looking at the games, some guy behind me pointed below me and said "HEEEEY, is that a Wii?" So I look down, and there's a Wii (where it came from, I had no idea)! Before I could say anything, a Target guy appeared out of nowhere, swooped down like a hawk and grabbed the Wii, and then handed it to the guy. Go figure. Guess they were holding out after all.

the guy working refused to manually call it in on his cellphone "the company doesn't pay my cell bill"

How dare he not use up a bunch of his cell phone minutes that he wouldn't get paid back for. :rolleyes:

I can't blame him for that.

Anyway it does suck that it is still hard to find the system though. I know a few friends that wouldn't mind getting a wii if they could find one. They have played my system or another friends too many times.

just get an Xbox360, while you wait for the wii demand to die.. that's what i did.. now I have na Xbox360 and a wii.. AWESOME combination of gaming systems to have..

I don't have a hdtv yet, would I have to disconnect and recconect my monitor if I got the vga adapter?

Besides that little issue, what good games are available for the 360 that I couldn't play on my pc? (if thier is enough good games I might seriously consider the 360)

Or I might just buy Dark Messiah, Neverwinter Nights 2 and Supreme Commander and buy the wii when I get bored of them.

The local bestbuy's around here (ATLANTA) was filled with plenty of Wii's. I myself have a PS3 so there was no point for me to buy a Wii.

The local bestbuy's around here (ATLANTA) was filled with plenty of Wii's. I myself have a PS3 so there was no point for me to buy a Wii.

LOL, I doubt they had "plenty of Wii's", haha. On a sidenote, I was hunting for a Wii in Phoenix, AZ over the weekend for my GF's family's massively belated Xmas present, and found zilch until Saturday afternoon when I got *lucky* and stumbled on a bundle at Costco for the Wii, Zelda and Excite Truck for $339.

What I did see, though, were *piles* of PS3's at literally every store I went to. 4 different Best Buys had tons of them in their overstock area, and the manager of one, whom I spoke to by accident while asking about a Wii, pointed to their overstock area and said "These have been here since December 21st". That was in addition to a fully stocked shelf. Fry's had 2 pallets of PS3's, one of which was all defective units heading back to Sony, the other of which were 90% returned units, complete with the "Dear customer, this unit was bought and returned but still has the full warranty" stickers Fry's is so famous for.

Circuit City: plenty of PS3's. Wal Mart-a full pallet. Target: A full shelf and more in overstock.

At the aforementioned Best Buy it struck me to ask the manager, "So, is Sony just sending you way more hardware than Nintendo or what?", to which he replied, "oh no, Nintendo easily sends us two to three times the units that Sony does, it's just that people actually want to *buy* Wii's".

Waiter, I'd like a PS3 please. Put it on my bill along with my ticket for the maiden voyage of Titanic.

Woooo I got one today. I stayed up overnight and left at around 4:30. Went by bestbuy with my mom , nothing- nobody there, I knew BB was getting 60 though. So then I decided to go get some chocolate milk and a cereal bar from the gas station, pass by target and see about 8 people in line. I asked what they were waiting for (I knew what) and they said the wii, asked if they were waiting at target instead of bb for any particular reason and target opens at 8 compared to 11 for BB, and they also told me target was getting 55. So I decided to wait at target instead of bb, figured if there was only 8 somehow I'd still have time to go to BB. So I wait outside from starting at 5, my mom goes home. I wore 3 pairs of socks, sweatpants, a pair of jeans over the sweatpants , tshirt, 2 heavy shirts, one thick sweatshirt with a hood, a coat and gloves. I was fucking freezing. Was like 5 degrees not counting windchill. Anyways, security gaurd comes out at 6.20 or so, says they're handing out vouchers at 7. WOOOO! Call my mom up to be there are 7, and I got voucher #9. Store opened at 8, all instructed to get in single file line in order of the number on the vouchers. Very professional, no problems or anything. Smooth as butter execution. :D :)

Woooo I got one today. I stayed up overnight and left at around 4:30. Went by bestbuy with my mom , nothing- nobody there, I knew BB was getting 60 though. So then I decided to go get some chocolate milk and a cereal bar from the gas station, pass by target and see about 8 people in line. I asked what they were waiting for (I knew what) and they said the wii, asked if they were waiting at target instead of bb for any particular reason and target opens at 8 compared to 11 for BB, and they also told me target was getting 55. So I decided to wait at target instead of bb, figured if there was only 8 somehow I'd still have time to go to BB. So I wait outside from starting at 5, my mom goes home. I wore 3 pairs of socks, sweatpants, a pair of jeans over the sweatpants , tshirt, 2 heavy shirts, one thick sweatshirt with a hood, a coat and gloves. I was fucking freezing. Was like 5 degrees not counting windchill. Anyways, security gaurd comes out at 6.20 or so, says they're handing out vouchers at 7. WOOOO! Call my mom up to be there are 7, and I got voucher #9. Store opened at 8, all instructed to get in single file line in order of the number on the vouchers. Very professional, no problems or anything. Smooth as butter execution. :D :)

I'm not surprised by your experience, but I do have to say that I'm *shocked* that people are still lining up, hours and hours in advance, 4+ million units and 8 WEEKS after the thing launched.

Holy freaking crap!

Yeah, I'm shocked at the demand for the Wii. Definitely the biggest launch since the PS2 for sure. The 360's was big, but people lining up a full 2+ months after a launch is amazing.
I'm still not sold on the Wii's long term staying power, but it'll have a hell of an install base!

ARIZONA TARGET = TEH SUx0rZ

I hate Barrett Jackson!

I was #1 in line, I gave it to a friend of mine because she was getting one for her BF. Funny thing was, my Target only got ONE system. I couldn't wait in line at any other store because I had to work.

Apparently no other Targets got any in.

For those who can't find Wiimotes and nunchuk's I randomly walked through Toys-R-Us on Saturday and they had probably 10+ of each (no Wii's...not that I was looking for one). If anyone really needs one I can go check and see if they've still got 'em. As long as you pay for the remote(s) and shipping I'll get all you want, no extra costs added in (although I'll warn you that AL state tax is ~10%).

Personally though the Wii's luster was really short lived for me. I bought and sold it in under a week. Honestly I'd consider buying one again just for my non-gaming fiancee. I think she'd get a huge kick out of it, but I think that for anyone above the casual-average gamer it doesn't hold it's "coolness" factor for long.

My circuit city got in 36 Wii's, 10 ppl standing outside for vouchers.

They had 15 units still on the shelf at 5pm in the afternoon when i got over there. Quite sure they are all gone by now though.

Back