Force Unleashed Video

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Check out all the different physics systems that are used in the upcoming Star Wars title as well as its new AI. No more scripted animations that begin to look...well scripted.

Cool video.

In before "it's not on the PC" complainers. ;)

It's not on the pc!!! :D

But seriously, I think it is amazing that they can integrate three 'huge' technologies into one game and release it on a myriad of platforms.

:( Well that sucks. I just got through watching the video and got all excited. Hopefully that will change.
Not to dash all hope, but the answer to that was pretty clear a little over a month ago:
Dec 22 said:
TheForce.net recently spoke to a LucasArts representative who spoke about the much wished-for PC version of The Force Unleashed. They did not respond very positively.

“It definitely will not be coming to PC.”
http://www.forceunleashed.net/news/force-unleashed-not-coming-to-pc/

Heh Heh...Crashdown is Vader's apprentice...I guess he could have done worse post-BSG:)

It looks awesome, but I guess that means I won't be buying it then....:rolleyes: I don't do a lot of gaming these days, but when I do it happens on my computers.

It looks awesome, but I guess that means I won't be buying it then....:rolleyes: I don't do a lot of gaming these days, but when I do it happens on my computers.

I agree with Axdrenalin, there are certain types of games I just prefer on the PC, this would be one of them. I wouldn't be comfortable playing a sports game on a PC, and I won't spend money on a game I'll be uncomfortable playing on a console. I hope Lucas changes their minds and recognizes they need to bring The Force Unleashed to the PC.

Looks very cool, but with the whole 'holding a ball of energy beside you and flinging it forward' trick, am I the only one who's seen way too much DBZ and will be thinking "kamehameha!" as I let that sucker go on the unsuspecting foes?

:( :( If console games would add keyboard and mouse support as an option I wouldn't be so hesitant to buy FPS games on the console.

I prefer controllers since keyboards hurt my hands.

Game looks sweet, definitely buying it.

I prefer controllers since keyboards hurt my hands.

Game looks sweet, definitely buying it.

I have been using the Belkin Nostomo controllers for my PC games for a few years now, and love the n50/n52. Very comfortable and yet flexible.

For consoles-- I only have a Wii, which is awesome, but definitely won't have the CPU/GPU horsies to run this game like the 360 and PS3 will. I have a feeling those two platforms will really let this game shine.

I am so stoked about this game. I can hardly wait... Now it seems the wait will be a bit longer, as the release date seems to have slipped from "Spring 2008" to "Summer 2008".

It's not on the pc!!! :D

But seriously, I think it is amazing that they can integrate three 'huge' technologies into one game and release it on a myriad of platforms.

The only problem with this thinking is that the things that make this game great will be disabled on the consoles that can't handle it (Wii, PS2, DS), meaning that they're essentially shooting themselves in the foot with this game. Personally, I think this is an experiment in PC piracy prevention to see if a good game can survive on only the console, and if it doesn't do well, they'll release it on PC and claim they listened to their fans, so I suggest we boycott the game to prove this is a failure, or we'll never see another LucasArts game on the PC again.

The only problem with this thinking is that the things that make this game great will be disabled on the consoles that can't handle it (Wii, PS2, DS), meaning that they're essentially shooting themselves in the foot with this game. Personally, I think this is an experiment in PC piracy prevention to see if a good game can survive on only the console, and if it doesn't do well, they'll release it on PC and claim they listened to their fans, so I suggest we boycott the game to prove this is a failure, or we'll never see another LucasArts game on the PC again.

If it doesn't do well on a console... that'll be the end of it. PC gamers don't buy games anymore.

When they said "the power of next gen systems" they didn't mean Wii right :p

cool video, except where they keep pointing out how stormtroopers like to hold each other's hands while they are force thrown to their doom. The more they showed that, the more ridiculous it looked. I sure hope they make it so the troopers at least let go after a second or two.

I can understand reaching out to a brotha, but when you're both airborne, it's time to stop holding hands like you're crossing the street with grandma.

Everything except that was awesome.

I have bought all of the Star Wars games. My kids love them and I enjoyed them. I guess I will miss this title since it is console only and I only do PC games. That sure is disappointing.

Homosexual incest is so very-very wrong. Heck, they're all clones, so its like doing yourself.

So it's like masturbating! lol... my bad.

I hope they add unlockable mini-games where you can just throw things around and hit thing or something. Target practice with stormtroopers, where the troopers are the ammo. Or "How many troopers can you hang on the line"

Cool vid, however I started the 'TFU Boycott' a number of months ago when their first trailer used a blatantly ripped-off ISD model, long before they finally said it wouldn't be on the PC.

Yes that's right... Lucas-freaking-Arts was too busy integrating the different physics/ai systems to be bothered making their own model of a Star Destroyer, or crediting/paying the modeler.
(source: http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/general-discussion/31044-something-amusing.html )

Eat a steaming pile, LA.

Er, unless they're working on a new Jedi Knight with the same physics systems... :D

That certainly seems to be what LucasArts thinks, at least. I still buy PC games.

I wonder why? The last several games I've bought had some 'pretty' graphics, but the games stunk, badly. I'm done paying for crap. I'm sick of seeing "BLANK Tycoon!!!' or 'live a SIMulated life inStead of actually living your own' type of games. I refuse to do the pay per month model because I think it's ridiculous. They need to refocus on content. Perfect example is RT22 to RT3. Great game with decent graphics evolved into a not so great game (much more limited scope) with very pretty graphics. The other thing is the content. They spend so much time on the graphics, the content isn't so great. What's the point in spending all that money on a game i'm going to finish in 2 days?

Most recent games I've bought? Galactic Civilization 2 and Half Life 2, so I could play counterstrike. I might be alone on this one, but not much in the past few years has made me go 'cool!' Most of it is just more of the same. Whether this is because efforts have been refocused to consoles and they've given up on PCs or because PC gamers really aren't buying games anymore...I don't know. I just know I don't like it. Just too much money layed out on games that were just horrible. I'm sick of beta testing their junk.

cool video, except where they keep pointing out how stormtroopers like to hold each other's hands while they are force thrown to their doom. The more they showed that, the more ridiculous it looked. I sure hope they make it so the troopers at least let go after a second or two.

I can understand reaching out to a brotha, but when you're both airborne, it's time to stop holding hands like you're crossing the street with grandma.

Everything except that was awesome.

I was thinking the same exact thing... The technology seems great and it seems to be the direction that graphics/physics technology needs to go (to simulate real-life physics and elements accurately), but yeah the thing about people grabbing on to random things, it's a cool idea but anybody that is half-smart would not hold on another person like that... at least for as long as they do in the videos. BUT THEN AGAIN, stormtroopers are supposed to be pretty dumb in the first place

I wonder why? The last several games I've bought had some 'pretty' graphics, but the games stunk, badly. I'm done paying for crap. I'm sick of seeing "BLANK Tycoon!!!' or 'live a SIMulated life inStead of actually living your own' type of games. I refuse to do the pay per month model because I think it's ridiculous. They need to refocus on content. Perfect example is RT22 to RT3. Great game with decent graphics evolved into a not so great game (much more limited scope) with very pretty graphics. The other thing is the content. They spend so much time on the graphics, the content isn't so great. What's the point in spending all that money on a game i'm going to finish in 2 days?

Most recent games I've bought? Galactic Civilization 2 and Half Life 2, so I could play counterstrike. I might be alone on this one, but not much in the past few years has made me go 'cool!' Most of it is just more of the same. Whether this is because efforts have been refocused to consoles and they've given up on PCs or because PC gamers really aren't buying games anymore...I don't know. I just know I don't like it. Just too much money layed out on games that were just horrible. I'm sick of beta testing their junk.

Try Call of Duty 4 if you haven't. It's the best PC game experience I've had in over a year (maybe over 2-3 years?) and it was my pick for GOTY for 2007

So it's like masturbating! lol... my bad.

I hope they add unlockable mini-games where you can just throw things around and hit thing or something. Target practice with stormtroopers, where the troopers are the ammo. Or "How many troopers can you hang on the line"

That makes me wonder, if you can make a whole line of stormtroopers that are grabbing onto one another... one guy grabs another, who grabs another, who grabs anothers, etc... I propose a video clip of 100+ stormtroopers grabbing one another, sort of like watching 1000 barrels fall in Crysis

Yes that's right... Lucas-freaking-Arts was too busy integrating the different physics/ai systems to be bothered making their own model of a Star Destroyer, or crediting/paying the modeler.
Interesting read.

I've been reading for months that this wouldn't make it to PC. However, what I don't understand is why? I mean they can hide behind the piracy bs sure but, they havent even given any reason what so ever. Just a "no not coming out for PC', This pisses me off to no end. I buy alot of PC games per year so ya Im very angry about this crap.

I mean how hard and time consuming would it be to port the 360 version to the PC? We know the answer to that question. So I ask again why no PC port??

If they're worried about piracy, PC pirates will just start pirating games on consoles or make emulators. PC gaming can't die... nVidia and AMD would lose their new-tech testbed and the gaming companies will not be able to test out new software and programming.

Console gamers are an easier audience to please, repackage the same engine with tweaked graphics and a different title, charge $60 and voila! MONEY!

As far as PC gamers not buying games anymore... em... You should read this

Game looks good but if this guy is Vader's apprentice then why is he attacking storm troopers in the videos? Have they explained this somewhere yet?

Game looks real interesting. Will have to try it when it comes out.

I'm just old school but why do the stormtroopers have to fly 9 miles when pushed with the force. Never seen anyone in the movies do that.

That makes me wonder, if you can make a whole line of stormtroopers that are grabbing onto one another... one guy grabs another, who grabs another, who grabs anothers, etc... I propose a video clip of 100+ stormtroopers grabbing one another, sort of like watching 1000 barrels fall in Crysis

Well, that will sure beat the video of 25 girls dressed as Princess Leia making out that I have :)

I don't want a PC port anyway, it needs to be designed FOR the PC from the beginning. The reason I like the PC variety is the better resolution support and more control options. The character screen in Oblivion is way bigger than it needs to be for the PC, you cannot view nearly as much at a glance as you could with Morrowind, and you cannot adjust them either. Games pads may be more comfortable, but keyboards still have more control options, and a mouse still gives the best accuracy.

I don't watch much TV anymore, it is no longer the center of my entertainment. I don't even have a DVD or VCR hooked up to it anymore. I watch DVD's on my PC. So if they keep this trend up, I'm hoping that console emulators come out soon.

The game looks really cool, but yea, what's with the Stormtrooper violence? Do you go renegade from Vader? I suppose if you are the most powerful Jedi, and that you should run the galaxy yourself, wait, that's what Anakin thought.

Back