Forceware 100.54 Vista 32bit

Installed the 100.54s tonight for my eVGA 7800GT. Battlfield2 see's good improvement over 100.30 ( not spectacular, or back to XP performance though), and Half-Life 2 went from 39 FPS to 99.9 FPS.

Good improvement, still need more though. (Happy for the mean time..)

Installed the 100.54s tonight for my eVGA 7800GT. Battlfield2 see's good improvement over 100.30 ( not spectacular, or back to XP performance though), and Half-Life 2 went from 39 FPS to 99.9 FPS.

Good improvement, still need more though. (Happy for the mean time..)

What video card are you using?

I installed 100.54 on my 7900gt today and still the green horizontal lines when switching to 3d mode. COD2 wouldn't even load. It is better than before but these drivers still don't work well. I don't think I am ever going to be able to run vista on either of my machines thanks to these drivers. I seriously have to start to wonder what nvidia has been doing for the past 6 months. Other people are getting these green horizontal bars when switching to 3d as well so it's not just me. My patience = thin. I'm not going to even bother with the 8800 machine after this.

Ummm, look at the quote in your post, where he says "for my 7800GT"...;)

Oh, God! I need to stop posting before I leave for work. I'm braindead two hours into work, so what makes me think it's OK to post before work? :eek:

I'm going to upgrade to this driver tonight and see how it affects me. :)

Nothing works for me at all now. I have run driver cleaner twice, deleted all folders and a fresh install of 100.54 the only game i can get running is ut2k4. The screen just starts out flashing horizontal blue lines then goes to green lines when i ctrl-alt-del. This is very frustrating. I'm going back to xp. I've had enough of these drivers. Nvidia, you win.

Nothing works for me at all now. I have run driver cleaner twice, deleted all folders and a fresh install of 100.54 the only game i can get running is ut2k4. The screen just starts out flashing horizontal blue lines then goes to green lines when i ctrl-alt-del. This is very frustrating. I'm going back to xp. I've had enough of these drivers. Nvidia, you win.

I am truly sorry that you could not get your card working in Windows Vista. Maybe you'll have better luck with Windows XP and an ATI card.

If I weren't such a nice guy I'd be thinking of the oft used cliche` "poetic justice" but that would just be wrong. :p

key word here folks: BETA

Expect problems. You will have problems.

I highly suggest anyone wanting to start using Vista invest in a spare harddrive for your machine that you can load it on and play with without destroying your XP install.

I am truly sorry that you could not get your card working in Windows Vista. Maybe you'll have better luck with Windows XP and an ATI card.

If I weren't such a nice guy I'd be thinking of the oft used cliche` "poetic justice" but that would just be wrong. :p

Well, I've gotten some improvement in CS:S with 100.54 if that's any help. :p

some of the release notes pages are still marked "confidential" heheh. I guess can't tell you what they say...

Poetic justice is this just proving my point how crappy these drivers are. Unfortunately i can NOT use ati hardware because it doesn't support triplehead rez's or you can bet your a$$ that's what i would be using right now. Now run along and crap in someone else's thread you weirdo.

You're quite a character. I'm surprised you haven't been delt with yet.

Calling the drivers crap pretty much unveils the large bias you seem to have, as well as all the other attacks you've seemed to make these past few weeks.

If you look around, the general concensus are reporting overall stability with performance on par with XP. So perhaps if you're going to make a case that they're crap, you kinda need the credance to back it up - which you seem to be lacking.

You're quite a character. I'm surprised you haven't been delt with yet.

Calling the drivers crap pretty much unveils the large bias you seem to have, as well as all the other attacks you've seemed to make these past few weeks.

If you look around, the general concensus are reporting overall stability with performance on par with XP. So perhaps if you're going to make a case that they're crap, you kinda need the credance to back it up - which you seem to be lacking.

Do you need pics of the green and blue lines that i get when i try to launch a game? I men seriously. I have been complaining of these lines since day one and was hoping they would be fixed and they are not. Let's not even get into the lack of an 8800 driver until today. I'm sorry if you think i am a character for having bad experiences with this hardware and i assume you also are not calling me a liar. All i want is for this stuff to work! Nothing more. Sheeesh.

Do you need pics of the green and blue lines that i get when i try to launch a game? I men seriously. I have been complaining of these lines since day one and was hoping they would be fixed and they are not. Let's not even get into the lack of an 8800 driver until today. I'm sorry if you think i am a character for having bad experiences with this hardware and i assume you also are not calling me a liar. All i want is for this stuff to work! Nothing more. Sheeesh.

The drivers have been around for awhile now, actually, by the way.

Go ahead. Post pictures. You may be blaming the drivers for a hardware issue that you're having.

Do you need pics of the green and blue lines that i get when i try to launch a game?

By looking at your history, I would have serious doubts whether or not they were genuine problems, or a screen you just managed to draw green and blue lines on so you could bash nVidia.

So in other words, at this point, posting pictures really does you no good. You've already lost too much credability for people to take you seriously.

It's unfourtunate, but you had it coming... :rolleyes:

Question gentlemen. I will prolly ask this over at guru3d also as I am waiting for my vista ultimate to ship.

Does this release "fix" the "always on fan" with your video card that previous nvidia drivers had with vista?

When I last used the RC2 my 7950GT was constantly running at 100% fan speed even on the desktop and according to news at the time was a driver issue, as vistas aero desktop didnt demand that much of the video card thus the fan shouldnt have been running at full speed.

Can any confirm if this has been remedied?

Question gentlemen. I will prolly ask this over at guru3d also as I am waiting for my vista ultimate to ship.

Does this release "fix" the "always on fan" with your video card that previous nvidia drivers had with vista?

When I last used the RC2 my 7950GT was constantly running at 100% fan speed even on the desktop and according to news at the time was a driver issue, as vistas aero desktop didnt demand that much of the video card thus the fan shouldnt have been running at full speed.

Can any confirm if this has been remedied?

Mine starts at 59% and adjusts automatically, unless I manually set it to higher (I usually leave it at about 85% for my overclock). Unfortunately, custom fan speeds don't stay between reboots at the moment, so it always reverts to automatic control, which is a pain to have to go in every reboot and set it to a higher speed that I prefer.

Thanks for the info. I also heard that elsewhere too, that on each reboot you have reset the fan. Quite absurd. Hopefully that is fixed soon. Would there be a way to run a batch file or something on start up to adjust it automatically?

Prolly just better to wait for a revised driver. Doubt that I will fully switch over to Vista for some time any how. I still do most of my testing and gaming in xp.

Thanks for the info. I also heard that elsewhere too, that on each reboot you have reset the fan. Quite absurd. Hopefully that is fixed soon. Would there be a way to run a batch file or something on start up to adjust it automatically?

Prolly just better to wait for a revised driver. Doubt that I will fully switch over to Vista for some time any how. I still do most of my testing and gaming in xp.

What I mean is it starts at 59% and properly uses automatic adjustment.

If I want to set it to a fixed high speed, I have to do it every bootup. In other words, in answer to your question, it has been corrected for your use.

Back