Forceware 78.11 Betas

Opie

Gawd
OK, these drivers are amazing. Better image quality than the 77.77s, smoother running; just awesome. BF2 grass is esp nice.

I strongly suggest you try them out. avail at guru3d.com

Anyone with a 7800 GTX try these? I'm currrently using 77.76 drivers since the 77.77 sucked for me.

just played around with them for about an hour on a 7800gtx...seems to have made the shimmering and morphing terrain problems go away :cool:

Seems these drivers are actually older than the 77.77 release. 78.11=July 1st and 77.11=July 20th.

5150Joker said:
Seems these drivers are actually older than the 77.77 release. 78.11=July 1st and 77.11=July 20th.

hmm thats odd.

It looks like it was more for mobile cards?

I think I'll try these out, I'm still using the beta 77.76s :p. I'm not going to try big beta driver increases for a while (80.40s were absolutely AWEFUL) but these sound pretty good.

lol

Thanks for posting the link. Im using BFG 7800GTX SLI and yeah, these drivers own.

wow, a whole 27KB/s download speed.

can we not all rape Guru's bandwidth at once? :D

about to try these on a Gigabyte 7800GT

R8DERHED5150 said:
Anyone try these on a 6800GT?

Not yet, but I will tonight. I have a BFG 6800 GT OC, and will try them with 77.77 and then the new ones. Also, I will be getting my second card Thursday for some SLI goodness!

im gone try them right now on my evga 6800GT on BF2 and CSS and will update In like 10 minutes :p

just ran bf2 and it looked better then ever, and css and everything looks crisp as hell these drivers are really really good no problem wih them. go and get them I tested these on a 6800GT

BF2 ran even smoother on my 7800GT w/ these.

not too shabby.

ZXQ said:
BF2 ran even smoother on my 7800GT w/ these.

not too shabby.

I don't know - but it seems crisper to me too. Actually the frame rates are the same...I don't get it. :confused:

Mine is a 6800GT (AGP)

seeing as BF2 is such the inefficient bastard that it is, any change is a good change :D

Check your framerates in BF2 by typing renderer.drawfps 1 in the console.

All movies in media player don't play for me with these drivers. Games were fine though.

Went to 78.11 and none of my video codecs seemed to work properly anymore. WMP, VLC.. nothing would play ANY videos correctly.

Back to 77.77 and everything is fine. Any ideas on what would've caused that?

Damn...first page excites me about iq, then the second page takes it all away with it's movie killin' :mad:

BWAAAHHHH! I give!! I give!! Ok, I'll hose my system after some food intake and report back. :cool:

Ok, I def noticed the shimmering in "quality" mode on my 78 in BF2. It wasn't just on certain objects either. It was like the terrain was constantly changing before me. :( After a switch to "high quality" the effect was noticeably reduced, however a new bugger crept up. In sharqi peninsula, the textures on sandbags morphed into warbling, hypnotic, liquid type walls of J-E-L-L-O :eek:

I wanted you all to see this nifty trick, so I nailed "prt scrn" to get the shot, right? Boo Screen. Reboot, load up fraps, start up bf2, hit f10...blue bunnied again...grrr. So, I'm gonna go ahead and revert back, k thanks.

Good luck all!

ps. lower 3d2k5, but i don't play that game anyway :p

Shadow27 said:
All movies in media player don't play for me with these drivers. Games were fine though.

Ran into the same problem yesterday, no movie would display in VLC/WMP. Had to revert back to older drivers so I could watch my pr0n! :p

fallguy said:
With any new drivers, someone always claims better visuals. :sigh:

Wow, what a helpful, educated, and insightful post. :p

My videos broke with these drives as well.

TheGamerZ said:
Wow, what a helpful, educated, and insightful post. :p

My videos broke with these drives as well.

Just as much as your was. I was refering to this post, the first one;

Opie said:
OK, these drivers are amazing. Better image quality than the 77.77s, smoother running; just awesome. BF2 grass is esp nice.

I strongly suggest you try them out. avail at guru3d.com

Better quality? How about some pics for proof?

All too often, people see what they want to see.

Back