ForceWare 81.85 WHQL Certified Released

These seem to give a lot of artifacts in fear. reverting back to some 78's seem to help.

Running a GTX...

dang it and i thought that HL2: Lost Coast already came out :( . oh well.

they are more stable then the 81.84's for me, but once every min or so i get like 1 ot 2 frames of weirdness

strange i found the 81.84 to be nearly flawless on my system yet the 81.85 whql blue screen me like a mofo

do you guys recommend uninstalling the 84s first? or just installing over them?

I usually always uninstall previous drivers before loading up new ones ....

Highlights are COD2, Quake 4, Dragonshard, Serious Sam 2, X3 to name a few. I no longer have to yuse the DOOM3 profile for Quake 4, games are seriously flying now under SLI. No Profilr for F.E.A.R.? I guess its all done in there software, Oh well i cant wait for COD2 now that it will be supported properly i hope ;)

after installing these coming from the 84's i noticed a nice kick in the pants on FEAR. Very stable so far, two thumbs up!

i just got an "Unexpected Error" blablabla from Black and White 2 though!

DanK said:
These drivers give me the same problem as the 81.84s. They'll install alright, but when I reboot, all I get are a few yellow dots in the upper-left hand corner of the screen (two dots and a dash, actually). The 78.01s work without issues. My system is a dual Athlon MP, with an MSI 6600GT.

Same exact thing for me. I also have a dual AthlonMP, but have a BFG 6800gt. Bummer, was really looking forward to a bump up in F.E.A.R.

dang, these still cant run FS2004....One day ill be using the latest driver with everything working....Man i miss my ATI card..... (sorta)

Overlag said:
dang, these still cant run FS2004....One day ill be using the latest driver with everything working....Man i miss my ATI card..... (sorta)

What's the problem in FS2004?

Dr. X said:
What's the problem in FS2004?

massive texture curruptions or/and single digit FPS.

However DOD source FPS is up at least 30fps on all maps

I wish people would stop being 3dmark whores and are like 'but i only got 100 more marks etc.. If you want a real world test, do a game test, not with 3dmark. Look at the increase in FPS, not in the increase in points. Anyways, I loaded these on my comp a few days ago (non WHQL) and my comp was bad. First off, windows took double the amount of time to boot up. secondly, my games ran a lot slower and FEAR/Q4 didnt even work! Some of my programs, the grayed out buttons didnt even show. I hope these were fixed else im staying w/ 78.01

Has anyone lost any points on 3Dmark with these new drivers? I seem to have losted about 100 points on the synthetic benchmark. Moved from 77.77 to 81.85 on a 6600GT.

Not sure why you guys are haveing problems in FS2004, it works fine for me on an AGP 6600GT...What cards are you guys running?

MSFS2004.jpg

Unknown-One said:
Not sure why you guys are haveing problems in FS2004, it works fine for me on an AGP 6600GT...What cards are you guys running?

MSFS2004.jpg

Oh that looks fun. I'll have to look into it.. :D

Just downloaded now let me go test it out! Thanx for the heads up ;)

doh ..looked at pic without reading and was thinking .."hmm , I dont remember there being a plane like that in F.E.A.R...."

all these threads about FEAR and Quake IV ...I forgot there where actually other games out there for a moment ... :rolleyes: :p

..anyways ..got these new duds in running my 2 GTX's ..and all is swell

CoW]8(0) said:
Has anyone lost any points on 3Dmark with these new drivers? I seem to have losted about 100 points on the synthetic benchmark. Moved from 77.77 to 81.85 on a 6600GT.

Screw benchmarks! Do real tests with games to see how they really perform.

Unknown-One said:

MSFS2004.jpg

7800gtx...so thats probably why its fine for you, but not for me? hehe

It's strange though, my CPU score went down significantly when I upgraded to 81.85. I run an AMD64 3400 (Newcastle).

These seem to work great for me so far. AM3 went up significantly (quick and easy test that I had on my desktop ;) ). I guess this dual core thing was worth it afteral :D.

kirbyrj said:
I guess this dual core thing was worth it afteral :D.
I'm starting to eye the X2's myself...

Edit: Well these drivers did something :eek: . The last time I had FS2004 installed was when I first got my 6600GT, and performance was prettymuch crap. With these drivers, for the first time EVER I have turned up everything in FS2004 as far as it will go! The obligitory screenshot (click it for a link to the large verson):

they say these drivers are for dual core cpus but then how come benches show the same improvement even if u disable a core? :confused:

So far these drivers have been top notch. I had plenty of problems with the 81.xx betas but the 81.85 whql is the ticket. Fear does seem to be running smoother than with 78.05's that I was using. Graphics corruption in Guild Wars is gone too.

Good Job Nvidia...

xdkimx said:
they say these drivers are for dual core cpus but then how come benches show the same improvement even if u disable a core? :confused:
how in the hell would you disable a core?

EVGA finally posted this update on their site. I'm thinking of just double clicking on the driver file and upgrading like that instead of doing the uninstall, Driver Cleaner, reinstall cycle. Is that risky by taking this shortcut?

NGO 81.85's are also out

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1228

Release Notes:
* Based on nVidia ForceWare 81.85 WHQL
* Direct Access has been ripped in order to avoid issues with CRT monitors

PCI Latency Tool:
We decided to include this handy tool so you could adjust the PCI latency in order to avoid PCI bus choking. It helps optimize performance and resolve stuttering and sound issues. It's recommended to set latency values to 64 for all your PCI/AGP Devices. This tool doesnt support PCI Express cards.

nHancer:
With nHancer the creation and management of profiles is very easy, and the user receives as much assistance as he needs, to understand what he's doing.

beowulf7 said:
EVGA finally posted this update on their site. I'm thinking of just double clicking on the driver file and upgrading like that instead of doing the uninstall, Driver Cleaner, reinstall cycle. Is that risky by taking this shortcut?
I decided to not be lazy and do the full upgrade cycle, as the FAQ warns. I couldn't boot into safe mode, so I booted into regular mode, ran Driver Cleaner, rebooted, and then ran the ver. 81.85 update. So far so good. :)

Any ideas when the 3D Stereo Driver will be updated from 78.01 so we can use it with these new drivers?

BTW, are there greater performance gains by running the 64-bit verson of these drivers?

81.84 Drivers were fine for me - although had a couple of blue screens in BF2 - 81.85 permenant reboots and BSOD - in whatever mode I tried to boot including safe mode. I did however install over the top, must try doing an uninstall and re-install (back on PCI matrox at the moment just to get the thing to reboot and be able to remove the 81.85 drivers!!!)

Back