Forcing certain resolutions on XP

DuffMan72

Limp Gawd
For some reason, there's no options for me to choose resolutions such as 1280x720, 1280x800, 1440x900, and 1440x1050, amongst other resolutions on my primary PC. When I try to set them as custom resolutions, they fail. However, in my older PC, and in Vista, I have about twice as many options to choose from, including those resolutions. I have the latest drivers, and tried re-installing them after using driver cleaner with no success. Looking at the inf file, those resolutions are said to be supported. What can I do to enable those resolutions?

Nvidia Control Panel------>Under Display--->Manage Custom Resolutions----->Create Custom Resolution----->add desired refresh rate and resolution------->Test Resolution------>Change Resolution

Nvidia Control Panel------>Under Display--->Manage Custom Resolutions----->Create Custom Resolution----->add desired refresh rate and resolution------->Test Resolution------>Change Resolution

When I do that, the test fails for some reason.

1. Set the resolution to the one you desire to use
2. open the Nvdia Control panel
3. Click on "Manage Custom Resolutions"
4. Ignore any and all warnings from nvidia
5. Check the "Allow modes not exposed by the display"
6. Click The create button.
7. Everything here should be set to the resolution you want (if not change it).
8. click the advanced button.
9. Click the "Timing standard" List box and select Manual.
10. Change the Active Horizontal Pixels and the vertical line box to match your resolution.
11. In the "Front-end parameters" area, use the dropdown next to "Scaling Type" and select "Display (none)"
12. Change nothing else, click the test button, and see if it works. If so, Ok, and exit out of everything.

you realize that some of the resolutions you have asked about are for widescreen and may not look right if you are not using the proper monitor
sorry i did not read whole post you already know about these resolutions

you realize that some of the resolutions you have asked about are for widescreen and may not look right if you are not using the proper monitor
sorry i did not read whole post you already know about these resolutions

Sorry I forgot to state which monitor I have. It's the LG204WT widescreen (1680x1050 native).

Back