Forgotten Hope 2

Moderman

Limp Gawd
Forgotten Hope 2.1

Forgotten Hope 2 is finally being released this Friday December 14th. I Hope to see many people dust off there copies of BF2, and download the outrageous sized patches, and this mod.

Forgotten Hope 2 is a World War II modification for Battlefield 2 and is based on the original Forgotten Hope, a modification for Battlefield 1942, one of the most popular multiplayer games ever. Battlefield 1942 featured land, sea and air combat in a way never before seen. It was the goal of the development team to maximize the game experience by adding both a realistic and enjoyable gameplay to FH and the same goes for FH2 in the future.

130-DAKpaper_thumb.jpg

Winston Churchill once said "It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link in the chain of destiny can be handled at a time." But we do look far ahead. The end of our road has not changed - only the stops along the way. At the beginning, Forgotten Hope 2 will concentrate on the North African theater and the struggle between the British Field Marshal Bernard Law Montgomery and the German Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel.

147-Tomb06_small.jpg
148-no4sniper_small.jpg

You will be given the chance to take part in maybe the most important campaign of World War II. Fight on the side of the British forces to give the already forgotten hope back to your countrymen after the mortifying defeat at Dunkirk and the never ending German air raids. Or join the German Army in their drive to gain control over the Suez Canal and steal the last chance of the Allies to win the war and disrupt any strategic plans for building up bases to launch attacks on the "soft underbelly of Europe".

216-Untitled-4_thumb.jpg
216-Untitled-10_thumb.jpg

Whatever the side you choose you will have an almost endless armory at your disposal. Your weaponry will reach from knives to heavy machine guns to anti-tank rifles, your equipment will contain everything from the first aid kit to magnetic hollow charges, your motor pool will offer any type of vehicle whether you want to drive scout cars, tanks or self propelled artillery. Your airfields will give you the chance to pilot bombers and fighters and your dockyards will provide your naval fleet with an armada beginning with submarines and ending with an aircraft carrier.

alamein_14.gif

Fight on ancient battlegrounds like El Alamein or Tobruk. Forgotten Hope 2 will also offer different gamemodes for different situations - in addition to the standard Head-on and Assault maps Battlefield? is famous for, you will also need to destroy or defend strategic resources and equipment in Objective-mode play.

Danke! Whistle Pants

Videos-
Forgotten Hope 2 Teaser
Weapon Familiarization & Infantry Training
Forgotten Hope 2: Vehicle Training
Basic Military Training
"Dogfight"- BF109E7-Trop vs Spitfire Mk.Vb, Beaufighter Mk.IC and Hurricane Mk.IIC
"Ground Attack"- BF109E7-Trop and Ju87-B2 "Stuka" vs ground targets

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of
the beginning.

-- Winston S. Churchill

Yes, it has been a long and difficult road to this point. But the Forgotten Hope team is extremely pleased to announce that:

Forgotten Hope 2.0 will be released on:
Friday 14th December, 2007 at 19:00GMT

The dedicated server files and passworded bittorrent will be released on Wednesday 12th December.

P.S.- I'm not an official spokesman I just want this mod to do very well, and have some one to play with :D

Cant Wait..and Im sure you will have plenty of us Die Hard Individuals playing this Mod..

I still play the Original FH from time to time..as I said b4...Cant Wait.

F that, I was hyped about this mod a year ago, when it was supposed to be released, than march, march became spring.. than they said summer which came and passed... too late in my book.

[shameless plug]
If any of you are interested in playing FH2 in a tournament, you should check out BFE WaW. It's not your typical tournament with semi-finals and finals though. There are two teams, Axis and Allies, and you're duking it out for the control of the world throughout the campaign (although with FH2, it'll just be Africa). It's a lot of fun, and pretty mature. The current campaign, based on FH1, is supposed to end December 22nd, and the next one should start pretty soon afterwards.
[/shameless plug]

New Things Added to Main First Post​

-Weapon Familiarisation & Infantry Training
-Wiki and Main Page Links
-Everything Below

Forgotten Hope 2 Toolbox Info​

Hello and welcome back to another update of Forgotten Hope 2. Before the release of Forgotten Hope 2 there is much more information to tell. As you know we always try to support our community the best we can. If it was with basic files for mapping for Forgotten Hope for Battlefield 1942(tm) or just by assistance on our forums. With the upcoming Forgotten Hope 2 for Battlefield 2(tm) we want to give you more than just another modification!

A while ago Purity joined the Forgotten Hope Developer Team. Today we would like to present his work and unveil what he did in the last number of months. Come on and have a look at the Forgotten Hope Toolbox!

The Toolbox is some powerful software delivered with Forgotten Hope 2. It was designed for day to day use with Forgotten Hope 2. It has several features we would like to introduce step by step.

21820-20GSBrowser_thumb.jpg
21820-20GSFavs_thumb.jpg
21820-20GSBuddies_thumb.jpg

21820-20GSFilter_thumb.jpg
21820-20GSFavs2_thumb.jpg
21820-20GSBuddies2_thumb.jpg

The first feature we present is the Gameserver Browser coming along with filter, favourites and buddies functions. Whenever you feel like playing this browser will have up to date information for you. Select your personal favourites and have a look at them well arranged in a special tab, or simply have a look where your clanmates are playing right at the moment to join them into the battle. Furthermore you can use the filer if you look for a special map, server, player or what else comes in mind.

21820-20GSrightclick_thumb.jpg
21820-20GSDetails_thumb.jpg
21820-20GSDetails2_thumb.jpg

21820-20GSDetails3_thumb.jpg

The Serverdetails allow you a closer look on a special server. Simply right click on the selected server and make your choice!
And by doing so enjoy the Toolbox Lag Compensation feature. This feature will correct the Battlefield 2(tm) ping compensation value according to your specific ping to the server as you join. As a result aiming is more consistent if you are playing on a server far away. It is no longer necessary to aim above, below, in front or behind your victim: Hit where you aim!

21820-20GSCommon1_thumb.jpg
21820-20GSStartup_thumb.jpg

21820-20GSCommon_thumb.jpg
21820-20GSStartServer_thumb.jpg
21820-20GSResolution_thumb.jpg
21820-20GSJoin_thumb.jpg
21820-20GSAdvanced_thumb.jpg

Once you found a server of choice or you choose to host one yourself, you can take advantage of the Game Server Startup features. You can configure all startup parameters here wether it is the required password or your desired screenresolution. The most common features can be selected right out of the Toolbox, for more special wishes the shortcut generator helps you to create the right startup path.

21820-20GfxCache_thumb.jpg
21820-20MovieDisabler_thumb.jpg
21820-20LogoCache_thumb.jpg

Additional tools as the Cache Cleaners and the Movie Disabler will help you to streamline your installation of Battlefield 2(tm) and Forgotten Hope 2, if you so desire

21820-20TSFavs_thumb.jpg
21820-20TSBuddies_thumb.jpg
21820-20TSFavsAdd_thumb.jpg
21820-20TSStart_thumb.jpg
21820-20TSBuddiesList_thumb.jpg

An additional feature is for everyone using Teamspeak. Add your favourite TS-Server to the tool and check without the need to join the server who is online. Find your buddies without serverhopping and join the right server at the right time. Make use of Teamspeak as command and control tool to share your info during a fight and increase your chances to win the round.

21820-20QV_thumb.jpg
21820-20QVBuddies_thumb.jpg

For your friends the Quick View function was integrated. Watch their current status on the most common voice and instant messenger tools. Using this tool the chance to miss any of your friends is almost reduced to 0%!

21820-20ProfileFavs_thumb.jpg
21820-20Profile_thumb.jpg
21820-20ProfileHistory_thumb.jpg

And there is more to the tool still! For sure every gamer would love to have his own personal computer. But as not everyone is that lucky the Toolbox comes along with a Profile Management for shared computers.

21820-20PB_thumb.jpg

The Toolbox is able to update your Punkbuster(tm) installation to the most recent version. No server will lock you out for an installation out of date.

21820-20Timezone_thumb.jpg
21820-20TimezoneDetails_thumb.jpg

The last feature we want to announce is the Timezone Calculator. In the past we often realized that the timezones led to a lot of confusion. This tool will help you not to miss any news updates and arrange matches with players in other timezones. And if you are bored you might use it to check the current time of someone on your buddylist.

All relevant information according the Toolbox created by Purity should be available in the FHWiki by the end of the week at the latest.

"In the Red army it takes more courage to retreat than advance"
-Joseph Stalin

Hope this would be as fun as POE2 and Vietnam mod for BF2.

Just playing the Beta made me cry tears of happiness. I'm pretty positive it will be better than POE2 and Vietnam mod. Then again it's all personal preference.

I used to be a huge FH nut but waiting for this release has made me bitter. This better be really fucking good.

deathBOB, great mods don't get made overnight. Also setting your expectations high is a recipe for disappointment. Just let it come, don't expect ridiculous things from it, and let it impress you.

Personally, I feel sorry for all the folks that lost patience and are going to miss out on it. If it's anything like the first FH, it'll do fine.

Good grief, their site is hammered so there's no way to retrieve the password at the moment.

EDIT: Nevermind, rofl, thanks Gushpin.

their site is laaaaaagging...anybody care to hook me up via priv msg with the pass...or post in public.. :)

woot, thanks gushman

No problem :) . Currently the fastest way to get this mod is via bit torrent. I was downloading it at around 250kB/s and got it within a little over an hour.

this game is fucking kick ass...

infantry is to die for...oh and the air battles...wow

this game is fucking kick ass...

infantry is to die for...oh and the air battles...wow

Agreed, I was so excited when I got home today. I about blew my load.:D

Then while I was playing I did blow my load...

Edit-

Gameplay name is [TLM] Erich-Rudolffer

A most excellent mod - very high quality. It's a bit slower paced than normal BF2 but also more realistic. It's a great addition to the BF2 mod library. :cool:

Back