Forza 2 or DiRT

Ingonuts13

[H]ard|Gawd
Trying to decide on a racer for my 360 and cannot seem to make up my mind based on the Demos. It seems Forza 2 is a bit more simulation whereas DiRT is just extreme driving with better graphics.

If you have to choose only one, which would you choose and why?

Which do you like more, sim type racers with realistic telemetry and tons of customization options, or a game that's maybe a bit more unrealistic, but features different racing types, including offroad type?

Personally, DiRT is more my style if I had to pick one.

no one has any idea how deep Dirt will be. Forza is the deepest racing game....ever. lol it matters on what you'll enjoy driving more. Personally, i find driving on a track much more interesting and enjoyable than driving rally.

For me its DiRT, but that's because I'm less about realistic car action and more about spinning around turns and nearly going off the edge of a cliff. Forza 2 is very realistic ... and that's exactly what turned me off from it.

Both
Picked up Forza 2 last night and will get Dirt when it's available. :cool:

Definitely DiRT. I can't stop playing the demo. Although that damn Travis Pastrana makes me want to punch a baby every time I hear something from him.

Just curious with those that have both X360 and PS3... how does DiRT compare to MotorStorm?

Which do you like more, sim type racers with realistic telemetry and tons of customization options, or a game that's maybe a bit more unrealistic, but features different racing types, including offroad type?

Personally, DiRT is more my style if I had to pick one.

Well, the problem is, you can't compare the two. Forza two is straight up a car sim, but Dirt is rally racing. It's basically the next Colin Mcrae game. Two totally different type of games. I want to get both b/c I like both kinds of racing.

Well, the problem is, you can't compare the two. Forza two is straight up a car sim, but Dirt is rally racing. It's basically the next Colin Mcrae game. Two totally different type of games. I want to get both b/c I like both kinds of racing.

It is the next Colin McRae game ... they took off his name and "rally car" racing here in the states because they say people think it's boring.

Just curious with those that have both X360 and PS3... how does DiRT compare to MotorStorm?

I've played the PC Demo of DiRT at high quality, and I've got to say, it doesn't come close to comparing to the insane experience of Motorstorm. I'm partial to arcade racers, and I've never played one as over the top as Motorstorm. That's not to say that DiRT is a bad game. It's great--beautiful, awesome interface and fun, but I'd take Motorstorm any day.

Plus motorstorm is just way better graphics IMO

I didnt like the way the cars handled in dirt. I don't think I would be wrong in saying dirt is the ricky carmichael mx 2002 of car games... thats not a good thing for those who haven't played the carmichael games. hopefully rallisport isnt too far off.

I have been playing the hell out of forza 2, but its painfully realistic. It all depends if you like that type of driving.

I saw DiRT first, but when I got my 360 (not long ago) I picked up Forza 2. I've raced for 26 hours & 2400 miles in career mode in only about a week and a half! (that 26 hours doesn't include buying, painting and customizing cars nor does it include the arcade races!) I'm not a car or racing enthusiast, but damn this game is fun!

I'll proabably get DiRT too, I hope I get as much out of it as I have Forza 2.

Forza 2 is insanely deep, I'm having so much fun with it. Before Forza the last time I turned my 360 on was for a new demo or some bs like that, now I'm playing everyday.

I'll borrow DiRT from a friend, but will not be getting it, Forza is just too awesome.

Forza 2 is awesome. DiRT looks great and I might pick it up if it gets a good review. They are very different games though. I think you really need to ask yourself what kind of racing you like to do.

Forza 2. I tried Dirt but didn't like how the cars drove. It had some cool aspects that could be a lot of fun for a few hours, but after that I would probably get bored. Forza 2 is really deep and is a great racing experience.

I can't decide either for dirt or forza. Forza doesn't have the in car view which is very big for me in my book and dirt does. But on the flip side the MP sucks for dirt. If i buy dirt I will get it for the PC and the graphics smoke forza on ultimate. This is a really hard choice not to mention both will pick up some dust when NCAA 08 drops.

I preferred DiRt. Coming from real racing I don't feel Forza is even remotely realistic, especially with its terrible sense of speed. Myself and all of the people that have played the DiRt demo on my 360 have all preferred it over Forza. I bought Forza though because I figured it's a more comprehensive game. Either way you won't be disappointed.

Both are good, but I find myself playing the DiRT demo a lot. I got DiRT on pre-order, and Forza 2 is played every once in a while.

Just played Forza2 tonight, WOW, it makes PGR3 feel like an arcade game......very much more a simulation, I tried to heads up race an "A" car right out of the box, went down to a "C" car to learn how to drive again (compared to PGR3).:D It's pretty nifty, and I am going to make an effort to get goooood at it....it is FUN, and challenging.

I have some friends that think NFS:Carbon is so bad ass, they run around hitting walls at high speed and using turbo and shortcuts to win, even beating me here and there....but then they get smoked so bad when they play a real racing game...I lap them in PGR3, they won't even be able to comprehend what Forza2 is about....:cool:

For me, Forza had great physics ... but it didn't model the feeling of driving a car very well at all. The lack of in-car view, which DiRT absolutely nailed, and the lack of a sense of speed of the vehicle just doesn't make you feel like you're actually going fast. DiRT might have more arcade physics but it feels far more like driving a car fast than does Forza. When I take a corner fast in my shitty car it feels far more like taking a turn in DiRT than it does in Forza. I want the same emotional impact, not the exact precise physics with none of the visceral feeling.

Well I thought Dirt was due out today but it seems that no brick and mortar has it in stock and are telling me next week?

DiRT is next week. I believe 16th is the ship date so 17th shoudl be when it arrives in most stores.

I have forza2, but I am going to pick up DiRT because the demo was insanely fun, and beautiful. Forza2 has been somewhat same old same old as far as the GT/Forza type racers go. Looking forward to a solid rally title.

Damn Forza boards! I just got done looking at screen shots from the drifting forum and all I can say is damn sign me up! Guess i will be part of that community when my 360 gets back for repair.

Already have Forza... but also plan to get get DiRT. They both rock!

Already have Forza... but also plan to get get DiRT. They both rock!

Man forza looks soo sweet
but dirt looks better on the pc. But with that aside i think forza will be better overall, damn i wish it had an in car view!

DiRTDemo2007-05-2909-15-19-40copy.jpg

Here is a shot of dirt of my PC og was 1920 x 1080

Back