Foxconn 975X7AB (Yes, Revision AB Supports Conroe!)

The Doc

[H]ard|Gawd
975X7AB

Looks like Foxconn did more then add Core 2 Duo support with revision AB or this motherboard. In addition, it looks like Foxconn is using their digital PWM technology on this board as all of the caps have been cleared from around the processor socket (Looks to have ample room now to install large heatsinks or waterblocks). I also remember reading about an improved BIOS in this new revision. If this board is under $200 I may give it a try.

Well, I guess this news isn't catching anyone's attention. I have a feeling this motherboard will fly under the rader and will more then likely be ignored by most enthusiasts. It's a shame because the 975X7AA had alot going for it and revision AB is supposed to improve on revision AA in almost every way.

Nice Dual Lan, plus fan on the chip will help in overclocking. Nice Layout with no capacitors.

Give me this in a mATX form with heatpipes to the North and South chips and I'm sold!

I do like the clear area around the CPU .... wish they had continued that around the 1st PCI x16 slot.

Anyone know when this motherboard will be released? I used Froogle and nothing came up.

The Foxconn 975X7AB just appeared on Newegg and it will set you back $209.

I wonder why Foxconn improved the motherboard, yet downgraded the included bundle with this board? The BIOS is supposed to be improved (Memory Divider Options Now), the caps are cleared from the around the processor socket, and Core 2 Duo support was added. Hmm perhaps I will still give it a try and see what happens. I guess I shouldn't judge the board based on its "Plain-Jane" box and included bundle.

The XS Forums are really getting excited about this board. I may have to order one with a E6300.

Well hold off on this for awhile guys until Foxconn gets all of the bugs worked out. An immature BIOS is the cause of the problems and until Foxconn releases a BIOS upgrade that fixes the Vcore issues (STUCK at 1.33) and memory divider issues avoid this board like the plague. It's a shame because Foxconn improved the motherboard, yet took a step backwards with the BIOS. The buggy BIOS is what really kills this board.

I have a friend testing this board right now but the bios doesnt seem to be as good as it should be right now so I still have faith. Depending on how it pans out for him I may choose one aswell and pair it with a celeron 331 until I have enough money for conroe.

Cpt Twitchy said:
I have a friend testing this board right now but the bios doesnt seem to be as good as it should be right now so I still have faith. Depending on how it pans out for him I may choose one aswell and pair it with a celeron 331 until I have enough money for conroe.

I may grab the P965 version just for the hell of it considering it will be in the $110-$120 range. The 975X7AB's BIOS is a huge letdown for a lot of people and until Foxconn releases a BIOS update the boards full power will not be realized.

Back