Foxconn Board OC issues

RadCliffeX

2[H]4U
Ok i have my New A64 Rig up and Running minus the Video card which according to my budget wont be here for a few months...sigh

Anyways Ive been trying to OC this Badboy for a while now. The highest i can get the board to push the chip is 2.4.

The Vcore is at 1.424
HTT - 220 anything above this and the board goes into safe mode
the Ram is at 216mhz in the bios (dosent like to boot any higher either)
Multi is at default

I dont see what is going wrong here. This motherboard is acting craptacular when im trying to OC. I want to get 2.8 out of this thing. And acording to CPUZ my memory is running at 242mhz.

Can anyone help me here?

System Info
Foxconn 6150 something something
Athlon64 3700+ CABGE 0524XPBW
2Gigs GSkill PC4000
200Gig Maxtor HDD
Onboard Video
And the Xqpack PSU - It works for now till my brother gives me my Good PSU back.

Right this is the settings I use:

HTT multis - all 3 of them at 3x
mem divider 166MHz
2.65v memory
1.425v + 80mv
multi 9x
HTT 300x
PCI-E - 105MHz

Nope nothing, the board goes into 'safe mode' and wont go past 220.

This thing is pissing me off.

well, go about it methodically. eliminate every different factor one by one. drop the cpu multi to 5x, throw in a 1:2 divider (100mhz), drop the htt multis to 3x, and see how far you can bring up the fsb. if you can get past 220, then it's not the mobo.

oh, and dump the qpack psu. unstable power = unstable parts.

The Qpack PSU seems stable enough for right now. Besides my brother has my good PSU cause he was a retard when he upgraded to A64 and didnt have a PSU with a 12v cable on it. and his New Ultra X2 came in DOA. So as long as this thing runs for the next week or two im ok with it. Its running in a room that is 64F all day long, so no overheating issues :D

Ill try your idea. Seems like it might work.

You just have to be patient with the board, my new one flies better than the old one and it took me a long time to hit 290HTT on it.

When doing vcore do you use both the startup + extra or just use the start up? I found I got best results when setting the multi manually to 10 (default multi) than relying on auto

mines not going over 220 no matter what. Ive dropped multis too. I bet it would help if ups hadnt drop kicked it since the whole side of my box had a hole in it and even the mobo box is broken. Might be rma time just for that reason alone.

I turned off anything in the BIOS that said "spectrum" or "cacheable"
Off the top of my head I'd say there was at least 5, but I'd have to check BIOS again to be sure.

Also make sure you turn off Cool and Quiet.

In regards to voltage, vcore won't go over 1.4 unless you increase the "VCore voltage select"
I tried setting the vcore at 1.5 without touching that setting and when I booted into windows it still said 1.4v (even said it in the BIOS). So I left it at 1.4 + 80mv

Of course, this could just be an issue with the wonky board Newegg sent me. So please verify before you fry your CPU ;)

You lost me at "I am still using the X-Qpack PSU." Go trade with your brother. If you get to 2.8 on that thing I would be amazed.

fireburster open CPU-Z and find out what speed your mem is running at. Maybe they fubared the latest bios and it is running a 5:4 memory divider. Both of you should try a lower divider before trying to push the CPU - basic overclocking.

Dark79 said:
I tried setting the vcore at 1.5 without touching that setting and when I booted into windows it still said 1.4v (even said it in the BIOS). So I left it at 1.4 + 80mv

Of course, this could just be an issue with the wonky board Newegg sent me. So please verify before you fry your CPU ;)
I had that board for about a week... It gives you 1.45v before doing nothing. It was the same with their short-lived nForce4 mATX board.

havent even loaded windows, just loading up memtest to see where it boots at. Nothing posts after like 230 with the newest bios with 100 mem divider. Using 2x256 hyperx 3500 sticks also.

I went to 8x and that didnt help. My 2x1gb will be here today and ill try them this weekend.

sleepeeg3 said:
You lost me at "I am still using the X-Qpack PSU." Go trade with your brother. If you get to 2.8 on that thing I would be amazed.

fireburster open CPU-Z and find out what speed your mem is running at. Maybe they fubared the latest bios and it is running a 5:4 memory divider. Both of you should try a lower divider before trying to push the CPU - basic overclocking.

I had that board for about a week... It gives you 1.45v before doing nothing. It was the same with their short-lived nForce4 mATX board.

If only Biostar would include firewire and switch the location of the PCIEx16 and PCIEx1 slots, then I'd totally go for a TForce board. But I need firewire and more than one PCI slot (using a dual slot video card).

fireburster said:
havent even loaded windows, just loading up memtest to see where it boots at. Nothing posts after like 230 with the newest bios with 100 mem divider. Using 2x256 hyperx 3500 sticks also.

I went to 8x and that didnt help. My 2x1gb will be here today and ill try them this weekend.

Would you happen to have the original BIOS file?

it had some really old bios, i flashed to whats on their site. Got me from 220 to 230htt.

Back