Foxconn International Posts Worst-Ever 1H Losses

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Foxconn International is feeling the effects of the worldwide economic slowdown just like the rest of international suppliers. The world’s largest manufacturer of mobile handsets reported and this week a first half loss of $226 million. Foxconn International makes handsets for Nokia, Motorola and HTC, all of whom have reported declining sales this year.

Apart from Apple and Samsung, nearly all vendors posted disappointing results in the first half. As FIH's clients mostly are using Android systems in their mobile phones, Samsung's loss in the Apple patent lawsuit may "further hit the sales of mobile phone sales with Android systems"

oh noes. the economy is going down the shitter.
less tech being sold, intc and amd stock going down, with the latter making a straight beeline toward $2.

F apple! Their software sucks! if android goes away I still wouldnt buy an apple.

F apple! Their software sucks! if android goes away I still wouldnt buy an apple.
Yeah, you realize that Foxconn manufactures products for a huge % of tech companies, right? Apple is one of probably several dozen of their customers.

Good, most of the OEMs are producing garbage, they need to go out of business. If an OEM can't produce quality in 2012 it's time for them to say goodbye.

The loss is stated, but they don't state how much they made. I'm guessing they are still well in the black.

Amazing how much Apple must be squeezing them to the bone.

Foxconn International is feeling the effects of the worldwide economic slowdown just like the rest of international suppliers. The world’s largest manufacturer of mobile handsets reported and this week a first half loss of $226 million. Foxconn International makes handsets for Nokia, Motorola and HTC, all of whom have reported declining sales this year.

Yeah, you realize that Foxconn manufactures products for a huge % of tech companies, right? Apple is one of probably several dozen of their customers.

Merely a guess, but I think he's referring to the quote that mentions Samsung's "inability" to make more phones because of the lawsuit, rather than just Apple being douches.

Translation: We expected $226 million more in addition to our actual profits.

Business loss equation: projected profits minus actual profits = loss. i.e. we projected $3 billion in profits, we only made $2 billion in profits, :eek:MG! we L:rolleyes:ST $1 billion!!!
Same goes for Gubermint budgets.

Now let Joe Citizen try that and see just how fast he gets an all expenses paid stay in the Crowbar Hotel. :(

Foxconn International Holdings (FIH) has reported a net look of US$226 million for 1H2012, compared with a loss of US$18 million for the same period last yea.

wow.. why is it more and more articles appear to be written by 5 year olds. that first line has 2 glaring spelling mistakes and the rest of the article forms like crap on the page itself.

Next in the news will be the install of suicide nets around the offices of Foxconn executives.

Back