Fractal Define R5: Replace tight USB ports

nilepez

[H]F Junkie
For those that have a case with insanely tight USB ports, you can open a ticket with Fractal and they'll replace them at no charge. I haven't installed it yet, but I did test the ports with a thumb drive and while it's still quite snug, it's much better.

To save time, give them your Name, Address, Copy of your Receipt, the serial number off the bottom of the case -- it's also on the box and maybe a phone number.
There's a video tutorial on their website for changing it out.
Hope this helps some of you.

Are all R5 models affected by this? I just bought the Blackout edition and better not run into this. How the hell does a USB port end up being too tight, anyways?

Are all R5 models affected by this? I just bought the Blackout edition and better not run into this. How the hell does a USB port end up being too tight, anyways?

Don't know, but I have the Blackout and the legacy ports are very tight. Getting drives out is not easy. The 3.1 ports aren't as bad. The replacement seems fine. I know that someone else on here said they had the same problem, so I'm just passing the info on getting a replacement part. It's fairly painless.

Back