Fractal Design Define R3 USB 2.0 Issue

unknownsidhu

Weaksauce
Hey guys,

I've been running into some issues with the top USB panel (2 x USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0) on my Fractal Define R3 as of late. Unfortunately, the two USB 2.0 ports have suddenly stopped working. When I plug any device into either one, the device is not recognized. However, if I plug that same device into the USB 3.0 port, it seems to work without any issue. I've tried this with multiple devices - keyboard, mouse, external hard drive. I've also noticed that if I plug my external hard drive or storage key which both have a status LED, the LED does not light up either. Could it be that the two USB 2.0 ports are completely dead? Any way I can replace the whole panel?

Thanks!

Had the same issue. Got a replacement, but it is still flaky. Sometimes I have a problem with USB3 ports, sometimes with USB2. On both my R3 and R4. I have a feeling that there is something not quite right with Fractals USB ports.

It's become a tad annoying as the backside of my case is hard to access. Hopefully they can provide me with a replacement panel - perhaps even an additional 3.0 port in place of the 2.0. :p

Back