Fractal Design Node 304 $45 FS

i love this case and have one.. but not a lot of power supplies work well with it due to the tight space

I have this case and its awesome. Debating on setting up a 2nd server so I may order a 2nd

Even though I don't really have a use for one, I'd have bought it for < $50. Price is up to $55, now.

Saved me some money :) ...but it does look like a good start to a fun weekend project.

I just purchased this off Amazon (it just arrived today)... wonder if they'll give me the discount.

Nope... It would ahve to be much bigger to get an optical drive into it with all that it already has.
It's actually not that hard to mod an optical drive into this case... there's a bunch of air-space in the front (behind the front panel) where people often mount SSDs.

Cutting a slot in the top of the front panel and mounting a slot-loading slimline optical drive in there (with the slot facing up) is totally do-able.

It's actually not that hard to mod an optical drive into this case... there's a bunch of air-space in the front (behind the front panel) where people often mount SSDs.

Cutting a slot in the top of the front panel and mounting a slot-loading slimline optical drive in there (with the slot facing up) is totally do-able.

That was my initial thought, a slim one. I have a nice little HTPC box, but this thing is way cleaner looking. I'd use it for an HTPC, so bluray media playback is a must.

Your talking between the plastic bezel & the metal chassis I take it?

I didnt even think of there. But yeah there is a bit of room.. Personally I just use the 6 drive bays for storage & have all my media ripped onto them.

Back