FREE 3,000 MB Free Webspace 1st two thousand people

chronic9

Supreme [H]ardness
Ripped from Slickdeals:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/t116810.html?

http://www.filefarmer.com is offering 3 gigs of space to the first two thousand registrants.

* 3,000 Megabytes Web Space
* FTP Import access
* Web Upload option
* 100 gigabytes monthly xfer
* PHP and MySql (upgrade fee)
* SSI and More

I signed up already. the word on the street is that this site will go down pretty dam quick, so might as well exploit it for all you can. I will personally use it for a file server when I am on the road.

I can't seem to figure out how to just edit the text on the pages... I know basic HTML coding (image, scrolling text, font sizes, etc.)... some1 wanna PM me on this?

friggin awsome. i just had someone ask me where they could get a free webhost. such good timing :-D

Nice find. I had a 1GB free web host that just downgraded every free client to 250MB. I'll have to set that up. Thanks.

it took me about 10 minutes of waiting for gmail....

i hardly doubt the site will last that long. the last one this guy made went under after a few months.

All accounts that are kept in good standing with FileFarmer.com (no illegal files please) will be preserved for a years time from registration. At eleven months time they will receive an email detailing what must be done if anything to continue maintaining their filefarm.

Whether we grant another year's free hosting or ask a small upgrade fee (which wouldn't be an astronomical mark up like most free hosts have done) is not yet decided, and won't be for some time.

If your waiting for the valadation email, it'll come sounds like they are doing it manually form what they site's fourm's say....

I'd say so, I've been waiting all day for one so I'll just have to wait a little longer it sounds like ;)

just got my activation email (well, just noticed it. it has timestamp at 6 hours ago)

works fine. their FTP upload system is currently the same kind of system sourceforge has. you upload to a common directory, then move it to your own account. sounds like they're planning to change that though.
mwhahaha

sa-weeeettt

thanks mucho man
still waitingon the verification e-mail though

thats weird. i got mine the minute i signed up for the account

EDIT: yay, i got Hardgawd status. another 1024 posts and ill go up 1 more level.

what e-mail did you use?

I used g-mail and it's still not here yet... must be sending it snail mail

Yeah their upload system is different, honestly I wouldn't even bother with the ftp option until it becomes more secure. They do have a web based uploading solution through the browser, thank god. For some reason I just don't want other people to have access to my files until I want them to.

Okay wtf I don't think I haven't even had the accont maybe a day haven't done any thing with it really. No sooner do I get done posting this than I get 2 copies of
Subject: Your account will be deleted in 10 days

Warning..

You account will be deleted soon...

I got the same warning e-mails (2 of them). Strange. I just signed up yesterday, got the confirmation e-mail immediately, and activated the account. Then today, I get these e-mails warning me of the disconnect in 10 days without any explanation. :rolleyes:

Back