Free chips and pop with sub @ Quiznos

nah, not a referral. i got an e-mail notification just like that. it uses the querystring value of the e-mail address to verify that it exists in it's database.

just click the link, and print the coupon.

sweet!

now I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow. :D

thanks.

Cool. I just used the 2$ off coupon I found in my newspaper, so now I can use this one later in teh week.

yeah lets take a poll who says pop over soda or coke? i got co workers that say pop and it drives me nuts

people who say pop are hicks!!!! lol

just kidding. that would be a interesting poll for gen may

8fingers said:
yankees in our midst... :p

lmfao!!!
I figured there would be an uprising.
And no, it's not a referral.
Seems like each time they give us less coupons though.

everytime I hear someone say pop.. it makes me laugh.. haha it sounds weird to me.

mikeblas said:
This map shows Generic Names for Soft Drinks by County across the US. "Pop" looks like the majority in the midwest, the plains states, around the Rockies, and in the pacific northwest.

New Englanders uniformly say "soda".
lol... what idiot would call sprite coke? a texan? :D

is that for cola or soft drinks in general?

magnetik said:
people have waaaaayyy to much time on their hands! haha

Why do you think it's a waste of time to study the way that the English language varies regionally?

i concur with way too much time,but this time it proved to settle a dispute. who can tell me how many more damn posts i need to be a gawd already

pop in the midwest definantly. If I asked for a soda around here people would look at me funny

lol, havent seen this arguement before :D , dictionary.com says

Soda

Pop

and Coke

But hey, when you say any of those, everyone knows what your talking about so cant we all just get along :) The only problem I have with calling a "soft drink" coke, is that there is a brand called Coke and that causes lots of confussion. It would be like calling all cars and trucks chevys. But thats just me so whatever, and here comes the chevy vs. ford flames :p

I fixed the problem mikeblas :)

would you like a Grinder, or a HOAGIE or a sub with that soda, pop, or coke LOL :D :D

Devine said:
The only problem I have with calling a "soft drink" coke, is that there is a brand called coke and that causes lots of confussion. [sic]

Ironically, your failing to capitalize "Coke" plays into the problem.

Generification happens for lots of brand names: Kleenex and Xerox, for instance. And it's happened for years; Victrola is a specific brand of record player, but back in early part of the 1900's, any record player was a Victrola.

I like the fortress of Soda that STL is. Thanks for the coupon. Used it for lunch today.

here in San Antonio, most people say "coke" to refer to any carbonated soft drink... if there's a choice, then you say "sprite, pepsi, dr. pepper, etc"

mikeblas said:
This map shows Generic Names for Soft Drinks by County across the US. "Pop" looks like the majority in the midwest, the plains states, around the Rockies, and in the pacific northwest.

New Englanders uniformly say "soda".
I'm in NY for school but I'm from New England. Never once do I hear someone say 'pop'. Why call it something that it's not? ;) We say it like it is....and it's 'soda'.

PS. I'm not bashing anyone who says pop. I'm just fascinated by how different regions of the U.S. have different names for the same thing. Now, who wants to talk about subs, hoagies, etc?

Back